Talk

Advanced search

Yippee got a Cobb...what lovely things do you cook on yours?

(10 Posts)
scaryt Sat 28-May-11 08:38:09

Got a Cobb and am very excited.grin Off for 2 weeks on Monday and can't wait to get to grips with it, I gather it is a learning curve.

So what lovely things must I try out on my lovely shiny Cobb?

ljb11 Sat 28-May-11 22:13:14

Which bits do you have?

scaryt Sat 28-May-11 22:34:20

Only the roasting rack at the minute. Yes, I can see that is pretty important info! wink But if there's any more that I neeeeeed, well it might just have to be bought. We are in a caravan so is not our only means of cooking. But I would like to get the most out of it.

ljb11 Sat 28-May-11 22:46:35

I do regular barbie stuff and whole chickens on the grill, but have been experimenting recently (for a trip next week) and have been using the wok more - eg have done a chilli and a morocccan chicken. I tend to use 6 heat beads for most things, but I think I did the moroccan on a cobblestone to experiment and I might use more beads if there was a lot of fiddly stuff that needs turning (the more you take the lid off the more heat you use) or for larger chicken. I also use have a small loaf tin for the occasional cake - I've been experimenting with mixes (eg Wright's toffee cake mix from Morrison's) which just needs oil and water. After the main course is done you put the cake on. 6 heat beads is about 180 deg C I believe. Also did a basic scone dough last week and they were great, even though left on for too long because I forgot about them.

Have also done Pizza, not perfect but very acceptable - did on rack over grill plate.

PS Get some Fairy Powerspray and liquid in the moat makes cleaning easier but is not essential!

scaryt Sat 28-May-11 22:56:55

Oooh yum. Have got some cobblestones, wonder if they'll have enough oomph to bake a cake? That toffee cake sounds good.

Been looking for heat beads but can't seem to find any locally, assuming they're much better than charcoal briquettes?

Thanks for the cleaning tip.

FlorenceMattell Sun 29-May-11 16:09:29

I want one !!!

scaryt Sun 29-May-11 23:32:45

Am I daft for getting all excited that it's sitting by the front door ready for tomorrow?

scaryt Thu 09-Jun-11 23:22:21

I love it!! Have only really barbecued on it and done gorgeous roast chicken. Can't help but love its sleek good looks as well.

I now feel that I need the frying pan and other pan so I can cook everything on the cobb.

PrinceHumperdink Thu 09-Jun-11 23:25:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scaryt Thu 09-Jun-11 23:29:46

Oooh shortbread - marvellous.

Must work out what tins will fit on my Cobb for shortbread/cakes/bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now