Talk

Advanced search

Arrggghhh! Why is it so hard to find a campsite?!!

(8 Posts)
AngryFeet Wed 25-May-11 10:44:32

All I want is a campsite in Dorset that fulfills the following expectations:-

Is NOT on a hill/slope/near a cliff
Has a childrens play area and things to do with young children in the area
Has nice toilets and showers
Will accept a 3 night booking in August
Does not cost more than £35 a night
Will take a tent that measures more than 7x5 metres

Can I find one? Bollocks can I! Grrrrrr!! Does such a thing exist?

Quenelle Wed 25-May-11 10:47:47

I saw this one mentioned here last week. Not sure if it ticks all your boxes but looks very nice.

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Wed 25-May-11 12:09:59

Try south lychett manor or woodyhyde

AngryFeet Wed 25-May-11 12:17:41

South Lychett was my favourite but only takes 7 night min bookings. Will check out Woodyhyde thanks. Does anyone know if Weymouth is a good area for kids? Found a site called West Fleet which fits the bill.

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Wed 25-May-11 14:04:27

sad didn't realise. Weymouth has traditional seaside, beautiful coast nearby, monkey world and tank museum not far away, swanage steam train(which runs past woodyhyde) and lots if walks etc. Poole about hours drive which has lots to do.

lemonbeaver Thu 26-May-11 10:38:26

We are going to The Inside Park at the end of June, I hope its as nice as its looks.

Have also been to South Lychett Manor, but i wasn't so keen on that site, everyone was put in rows, all a bit to uniform for me, but a great location and fab fish and chip shop nearby.

good luck searching

auntpetunia Fri 27-May-11 19:10:34

Not been to West Fleet but been to Fleet absolutely fantastic site, loads for kids to do great play area, lovely pub/restaurant on site, brilliant staff and camping shop.And it does do 3 night stays in August

auntpetunia Fri 27-May-11 19:11:21

oops link didn't work will try again www.eastfleet.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now