Talk

Advanced search

Quiet, kids-friendly campsite in south east wales or brecons?

(15 Posts)
WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 17:33:25

been googling for ages and although some look nice they are usually too close to a road to be quiet. Doesn't need to be anything too fancy for the kids but as long as they are safe and have the space to play around the pplace.

Any suggestions?

chicaguapa Sun 17-Apr-11 17:38:31

I don't know Wales, but my SIL rates Trefalun Park for being child friendly. It's in Tenby so not sure if that's the area you're looking at?

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 17:41:50

Too far west, sorry, chicaguapa, but many thanks We want to try and keep travel to a minimum and Tenby would be an hour too far in the car with these energetic boys for my sanity

VivaLeBeaver Sun 17-Apr-11 17:43:31

I hear good things about Forest Fields but have never been.

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 17:46:37

Yes, I like the look of it, vivalebeaver, but again it's the travel, it's most definitely mid wales and would be a loooong drive. I have their page still open on another tab so am still tempted though....

VivaLeBeaver Sun 17-Apr-11 17:52:04

I thought it was only just north of the Brecon Beacons????? Have booked there for summer.

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 17:59:17

It is, but an extra 25 miles north of brecon town, which is just above the national park. Not being picky/fussy, honest! grin but fforest fields would be a 2 hour drive for us, so was going to try and stick to the south east with the brecons being the limit in distance (plus the setting would hopefully more than make up for the drive!)

mogs0 Sun 17-Apr-11 18:00:47

Forest Drive.

We stayed here last year and it was fab! The cafe/visitor centre has recently been done up and serves yummy cake and a great breakfast grin.

Also, they have new 'pods' which I've heard look cool but I haven't been for a look yet.

This year, we are going to Llangorse Lake.

I also liked the look of Blossom Park.

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 18:03:31

Ooooh yes, I'd forgotten about forest drive! Thanks!

Checking out the others now too... [Smile]

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 17-Apr-11 18:09:19

Ha ha ha just been on the blossom park website and they have a photo of our car and tent on the main page from last summer!! It was a nice setting but the pitches were too narrow and the golf balls from the course next door kept hitting our tent hmm so unfortunately won't be going back. Shame, as the owners were lovely and the view was so nice.

mogs0 Sun 17-Apr-11 21:07:34

No way! Shame about Blossom Park - that was my preferred choice but my friend wanted Llangorse so that is where we're going - and I'm secretly very excited about hiring a pedalo!! grin

JemimaMop Sun 17-Apr-11 21:11:58

Pyscodlyn is nice

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 17-Apr-11 21:15:33

Pencelli Castle is lovely. Cleanest bathroom facilities I've ever come across.

WelliesAndPyjamas Mon 18-Apr-11 08:09:04

mogs0 don't rule them out because some of the narrower pitches are far enough away from the hedgeline not to get golf balls coming over it just wouldn't suit us again.

muzy Wed 06-Jul-11 11:47:09

hi i am not sure if this campsite is any good but thy have 1 in the grounds of Tredegar House in Newport (south wales) you can find more info on the Newport city council web site www.newport.gov.uk there are a few around Newport as well on this site good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now