Talk

Advanced search

self inflating mattresses

(9 Posts)
thisisyesterday Sat 23-Oct-10 20:28:59

hi
i'm looking for self inflating mattresses and getting so confused by the choice!

are they warmer than airbeds? we have an airbed and got SOOOOOO cold last time, presumably because the air inside is cold?

anyway, i am not a great sleeper at the best of times so I think would need a nice thick self inflating jobby.
who does the cheapest thickest ones?? i saw some eurohike ones in millets which were 3.8cm thick and cost £17

Ineed2 Sun 24-Oct-10 18:59:52

I did one night on a cheapy Aldi a few weeks ago, Best night in a tent I have ever had. I was warm and comfy. Was very surprised. I will be buying another one. Buy the best you can afford is my policy. Good luck what ever you decidesmile.

MisSalLaneous Sun 24-Oct-10 19:14:10

I was looking for jackets earlier today, and saw that Alpkit has a big sale on some of their mats. Get a dozer, I have a Fat Airic (previous version), and it's brilliant! Definitely worth the extra money, especially with the sale.

If you want to spend slightly less, what about this one, it's only £8 more expensive and I bet you it'll be a lot more comfortable, as well as better guarantee should something go wrong.

Lilymaid Sun 24-Oct-10 19:41:20

Yes, Alpkit has some good reductions at the moment - their stuff is good quality and they do next day deliveries and have excellent customer service. You can't buy the products in the shops but they are the nearest in quality to Thermarest.

troutpout Mon 25-Oct-10 13:12:50

We have fat airics...and the kids have aldi ones.
The aidi ones are surprisingly good...although better for a kids weight i think...i could still feel the floor with my hip.
Would definitely recommend fat airic for yourself. They are fantastic. We used to have coleman comfort airbeds but the fat airics win hands down for comfort.

poppyboo Tue 04-Jan-11 13:23:43

we have a thermarest one and they are absolutely fantastic, I have never slept so well under canvas! You can buy them cheaper on line then in shops. we got ours from the facewest website. They have good customer service too.

hillbilly Tue 04-Jan-11 14:14:18

We have a 7.5cm Vango one which is brilliant although pricey at £70. Worth it I think for a god night's sleep.

poppyboo Tue 04-Jan-11 14:20:03

hillbilly don't you love self inflating mats?
They have changed camping for me!

Wiggletastic Tue 04-Jan-11 23:14:38

We have Fat Airics from Alpkit, they are nearly as comfy as our Tempur memory foam mattress on our bed at home! You can easily adjust how soft/firm they are by blowing more/less air in. Highly recommended.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now