Talk

Advanced search

decatlon

(10 Posts)
KimiaNother Mon 04-Oct-10 14:27:41

decatlon has amazing prices but do they sell quality gear?

ragged Tue 05-Oct-10 05:59:38

I have friends who swear by them.
I get the impression that they are good value for what you pay.

Grumpla Tue 05-Oct-10 19:50:56

I haven't used any of their camping gear but their bike stuff is always pretty good. My dad buys a lot of stuff from them and they also have a really good returns policy - no quibble, refund, the works. What are you looking for?

Ineed2 Sat 09-Oct-10 12:39:21

So far so good, we have had boots, coats, a sleeing bag, bike stuff, a tent, wetsuits, loads of stuff, I have been happy with all of it, it is great value for money kit. At the end of the day I can't afford the expensive stuff but decathlon seems to give me pretty good quality for my cash.smile.

KimiaNother Tue 30-Nov-10 11:05:25

I need some waterproof snow gear-shell and pants. Name brands like North Face are way out of my price range... but I don't want to go out in the cold and find myself wet, freezing and angry about having spent money on shit gear.

scouserabroad Tue 30-Nov-10 11:12:21

I have bought own-brand (cheapest) running gear from decathlon, a child's bike and fleece jackets etc. and it has all been fine.

Not been to decathlon in the UK but here in France all the products have labels telling you what type of use they are intended for, e.g. "casual" running, long distance etc. and I think if you look at that you should be OK - some of the cheaper gear prob isn't suitable for heavy use.

CarmenSales Wed 01-Dec-10 12:08:42

I've had a couple of bicycles from Decatlon and they were worth what I paid for them.

bigTillyMint Wed 01-Dec-10 14:34:22

The ski gear is fine, as is all the other stuff. We get all our sports stuff there!

AitchTwoOh Wed 01-Dec-10 14:55:29

i like their pop ups.

SuzieHomemaker Thu 02-Dec-10 02:16:58

DH bought an own branded (Quechua) ski jacket there about 8 or 9 years ago. It's still going strong as his winter coat now.

Low price just seemed to mean fewer pockets. Quality was/is excellent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: