Advanced search

Has anyone successfully gotten rid of cellulite!?

(11 Posts)
Mummblebee Wed 21-Feb-18 04:01:40

If so, please share tips on how you did it..

My thighs are covered.. all the way to the knee confused .

I've tried exercise.
Rubbing coffee grounds on my thighs before showering.
Expensive creams.

Nothing seems to work.

I use fake tan to try and make it look less obvious..

I would love to be able to wear shorts one day.

mixture Wed 21-Feb-18 04:11:18

Nobody other than you will care enough to be seriously bothered with your cellulite, so you'll have to brace yourself and wear shorts anyway! Have you tried going to the gym and running or maybe "body pump" (group barbell workouts)? I don't think it's possible to apply a remedy from the outside (rubbing, creams, etc.) but that the change must come from the inside (building up new muscles, or perhaps taking on a new view on what's important in life and what's not, etc.)

Mummblebee Wed 21-Feb-18 11:26:37

Hi mixture,
Unfortunately this is not true. The cellulite is very pronounced and covers the whole thighs and considering I am only 26 it is a massive problem for me that no one else my age seems to be suffering to this extreme. I have been insulted and told I have the body of an old woman by an ex and also old friends looking at my body with a disgusted look on their face on holiday. It is massively noticeable and it makes me feel embarrassed in my own skin.

Thanks for the advice anyway. I will definitely keep on incorporating exercise to tone the area.

help1978 Wed 21-Feb-18 11:29:42

Mine reduced massively when I cut all the crap from my diet and upped the gym massively
My legs looked ace but I was a real grumpy fucker

MammaAgata Wed 21-Feb-18 11:35:11

I recently watched a programme - can’t remember the name but I think it was channel 5, aired in January amongst all the other health and weight loss programmes straight after the Xmas blow out! They showed 4 different treatments and got groups of women to test over a 5 week period. One was cream, one exercise, one was something else (can’t remember) and one was body brushing. The body brushing was by far the most effective and noticeable solution. They took before and after shots. I think it was something like 40% improvement in just 5 weeks. Way ahead of all the other results. Was very interesting. The lady in question that tested was no spring chicken but the difference in her skin quite remarkable. Also, how much alcohol do you drink? My sister used to have a daily wine habit and gave up alcohol for over 100 days, we went on holiday together so I saw her in a swimsuit and whilst she had been dieting and exercising I really noticed the reduction in cellulite after her stopping drinking wine. I’m guessing it’s toxins etc.

Mummblebee Wed 21-Feb-18 11:44:24

Thanks @help1978 glad to hear you are winning the battle!

Thanks @MammaAgata this answer was really helpful and informative. That's fantastic news and I will get myself a body brush in my next shopping trip! I have been using a sisal pad but it's looking and bit old and needs replacing haha. I'd take that 40% and be dancing for joy!

I used to both drink occasionally and smoke but have not touched either in about 8 months!

newcarsmell Wed 21-Feb-18 11:51:46

Agree with dry body brushing. It's great for your circulation.

ChesterFuckingDraws Wed 21-Feb-18 11:52:48

I noticed a huge improvement in my cellulite when I was eating properly (fresh fruit and veg, limited carbs and healthy homemade food,) drinking loads of water (3l a day -no caffeine either) and running every second day. The difference was so noticeable, I’ve let things slip recently and it’s back with a vengeance. I think it’s something I’ll always battle with but at least I know there’s things I can do to improve it

JonnyUtah Wed 21-Feb-18 11:53:56

Following with interest having the same problem for years.

Greylilypad Wed 21-Feb-18 11:54:44

I have been doing significantl more exercise in the last 2-3 months (running , weights, HIIT) and have noticed my cellulite has all but disappeared. I have a relatively healthy diet but was a bit of a fiend for sugar in the past and have cut this down a lot too.

PaperdollCartoon Wed 21-Feb-18 11:54:53

Cellulite is entirely normal though, 95% of women have it to some degree, regardless of their size and weight. It’s the result of women having more layers of fat under the skin than men, but there’s nothing unusual about it. We just see so many airbrushed women we think it is. Body brushing and exercising can help but might be worth trying to accept it as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now