Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried the one meal a day diet?

(18 Posts)
Ilovemybaby91 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:01:09

I'd read about the one meal a day diet & it just seemed so convenient & easy. I'm not good at little & often it's to time consuming with a 7 month old in tow this way is much easier for me. I've been doing it for a week now averaging (900-1000cals) in that one meal (usually dinner sometimes lunch) & I make sure to include all (or most) the food groups in that one meal. I feel fine & have lost 6 pounds in one week. I want to lose a further 2 & half stone by June. Do you think this is possible on this diet? Anyone have experience with it? How much did you lose in how long?
Thanks!

Mulch Thu 08-Feb-18 21:07:49

I look forward to food to much myself. Give it a try, worst case scenario not an eating style for you and back to the drawing board. I think it ultimately comes down to if it fits your lifestyle and you can continue to eat that way after meeting your weight loss goal

Lucymek Thu 08-Feb-18 21:09:59

Yes but not on purpose Just haven't had time to eat during the day then I have a massive dinner and I cannot stop eating lol.

lizadiet Thu 22-Feb-18 23:19:49

No don't do that
It's bad for you and it doesn't last you will feel hungry
Best thing is to do a eat free diet in which you can eat what you like and burn it off with excercice
I'm happy to help you
If you want any ideas etc just message me

Enuffsenuffsenuff Tue 27-Feb-18 14:43:55

Sounds miserable!

bekkins Fri 23-Mar-18 12:47:26

I do OMAD. One meal a day. I get about 1400 calories a day, and I eat them all within a one hour window at dinner time which is about 8-9pm for me.

It means if I want a big fat slice of lasagne or that carbonara or the big slice of cake after dinner, as long as it fits into my 1400 then i can have it.

Works for me, after the first two days I didn't feel hungry in the daytime anymore but am always ready for my huge dinner. 😁 I am not a little and often kind of person; if I eat breakfast then the flood gates are open and i will snack all. Day. Long.

Lost 3 stone so far at about 2lb a week (I have quite a lot to lose)

WaitingforDaffodils Tue 27-Mar-18 13:25:03

After seeing this post I'm doing it. I'm rubbish at diets because they involve finding/making particular food (see also: no willpower & love of cake...).

I actually think not eating all day until 6pm and then eating something tasty and filling with my partner will work better for me.

It's my wedding in 2 weeks and would love to slim down a little and reduce 'moon face' in the photos. So good luck to us Ilovemybaby91 !

MsHopey Tue 24-Apr-18 08:29:53

How's the weight loss going so far? Is it still showing good results?

SoleBizzz Tue 24-Apr-18 08:34:28

Joanna Lumley and jockeys do this

Shelvesoutofbooks Tue 24-Apr-18 08:37:09

I did it.. lost 16 ibs in a month.. then gained it all back within the year. Not a good diet or sustainable

SoleBizzz Tue 24-Apr-18 08:48:28

O did slimming world and lost 6 stones put 8 back on. Awful diet. Not sustainable.

Designerenvy Sun 29-Apr-18 22:34:11

I couldn't do this ! I wake up hungry grin. I'd also find I'd feel sick if I ate that many calories in one sitting.
It doesn't sound good to me. Not sure you could get a balanced diet in ....in one big meal.
You have a young baby and need your energy levels up...I dont think this will help your energy levels at all.
I'd reconsider if I were you.

colditz Sun 29-Apr-18 22:37:44

Yes, it gave me a migraine

mumlife101 Thu 10-May-18 16:23:03

I have a new username name now but the original post was me ^ just to update I've lost 2 & 1/2 stone & still going strong. I have about 12lb left to lose to be back to pre baby. I won't lie I've had a few slip days but just got right back on it & it didn't impact my weight loss. I highly recommend this diet, haven't been able to stick to anything before! How's everyone else getting on?

NameChanger22 Thu 10-May-18 16:24:59

I would hate it. Food is the only thing that gets me through a long day at work.

Wobbleton Sun 20-May-18 20:12:00

I did this for a few days by accident last week and found it surprisingly easy. I ate my meal mid morning then didn't eat for the rest of the day, and I didn't feel hungry and didn't feel the need to pick like I normally do.

I've taken the weekend off but plan to do this properly as a diet tactic.

MrsDilber Sun 20-May-18 20:26:51

Got to say, I don't eat all day till main meal, then I eat and eat and I'm overweight.

Wobbleton Sun 20-May-18 20:45:11

That's why I plan to eat in the morning so I can burn some off during the day!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: