Talk

Advanced search

167cm, 77kg

(25 Posts)
Turefu Fri 05-Jan-18 20:57:39

I want to loose 20 kg by end of June. I set myself daily calorie limit 1600 and half an hour jog every other day. I’m not very active person, I’m not sure this activity level is enough to loose weight. I’m 41 , my metabolism is probably slower then was in my twenties. It’s hard to stay focused, I’ll keep coming here, maybe it’ll help me.

Khamiak Sun 07-Jan-18 12:53:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Turefu Mon 08-Jan-18 15:03:50

I’m keeping within my calories allowance. I had two jogging sessions so far. Goal seems to be so far away.

Pictureiswonky Mon 08-Jan-18 20:12:21

Don't despair. Even if the goal is far, you'll feel much better when the scales start moving

Pictureiswonky Mon 08-Jan-18 20:13:58

I'm 167cm as well, and my goal is 57kg as well. I'm starting from 70kg so a bit less than you, but I'm sure just as hard. We can do it!

Turefu Tue 09-Jan-18 19:47:05

30 minutes jogging ✅ . 182 kcal burn. 1450 kcal eaten.

Turefu Tue 09-Jan-18 21:04:47

I've signed up to Fitness Pal. I've completed food intake and exercising for today. It told me should I eat like today, I'll weight 70.2kg in five weeks. Souds fantastic, I need to carry on. After jogging session I feel tired but great. I'm drinking a lot of water .

Turefu Fri 12-Jan-18 08:06:10

I've managed to stay under calorie allowance so far . I've missed yesterday's run, but I had long walk instead. I decided to check my weight progress on 29.01, three weeks after start, then I'll see real results, as people loose water at first.

Turefu Sat 13-Jan-18 16:56:13

DH is having birthday today. We were out for lunch in the cafe , I had latte and cake . I’m going for my run now to burn it off.

Turefu Mon 15-Jan-18 09:08:04

I had a pudding and glass of red wine today, so all my calories intake was over 2200 . I need eat less today.

Turefu Wed 24-Jan-18 08:12:31

My fitness pal urges me to check weight. So I didn't wait until 29.01, I did it today. 76.2kg. Dissapointing, I hope for more. Still, it's a weight loss. Within last two weeks I went over my calories limit three times. I need to loose more otherwise I won't reach my goal.

Turefu Sat 27-Jan-18 06:58:00

I’ve decided to up my game and do 1400 for a while. I don’t want to go too low with calories, as I’ll be hungry and then I’ll eat anything ruining my diet. Keep on being active.

HopelesslyHopeful87 Mon 29-Jan-18 13:55:33

MFP is really helpful at keeping track of things. I have a lot to lose and am allowed 1250 calories a day. Been under my allowance most days. I'm doing practically no exercise (I'm 10 weeks postpartum) for the time being and have lost 7lb in 10 days. Admittedly it might be fluid but still it makes me feel happy.

Finding I'm not too hungry most days. Making wise choices and sometimes opting for the higher calorie food that I know will sustain for longer as opposed to lower calories with a higher glycaemic index. Seems to be going well.

Don't be disheartened. Got to be strict with yourself. Change your lattes for black or flat white with skimmed. And lose the cake as hard as it is. For a sweet treat I have those pink and white mallow and wafer things. Only 50cals.

Turefu Wed 31-Jan-18 21:43:21

Hi HopelesslyHopeful87. Thank you for your comment. I feel really frustrated, as I stepped in on the scale again and it shown 78kg. I have no idea why. I neclected workouts this week, but I kept dieting. I don't know, what's going on. Other then that I feel well. I really need to loose weight.

BrandNewHouse Wed 31-Jan-18 21:49:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HopelesslyHopeful87 Wed 31-Jan-18 22:03:05

1600 isn't low at all. Especially if you're not very active or miss workouts. I'm on 1250 and not remotely hungry. You have to eat sensibly and plan your day. Make sure you eat three meals and snacks and drink plenty. Make good choices with long lasting low gi foods. Don't blow your calories on low fat high sugar. Eat the full fat to reduce sugar intake as you'll be fuller for longer. Use your common sense.

Example: muller light yogurt 99 cals. Low fat high sugar. Doesn't sustain.

Full fat Greek yogurt with honey or fresh fruit. Higher in calories but longer lasting so you'll be full and won't blow calories on snacks.

You shouldnt weigh too often as fluid and bowel fluctuations are not a true weight loss reflection.

Aim for breakfast 300, lunch 400, remainder evening meal approx 600.

Good things are hard boiled eggs, avocado, multi grain bread if you really need bread, lots of veg and meat for protein.

Turefu Wed 31-Jan-18 22:44:14

Thank you for your replies. My work is quite physical, but other then that I'm not very active.

HopelesslyHopeful87 Thu 01-Feb-18 10:23:26

Please don't think I'm sat here saying it's easy because it bloody isn't. Some days there's nothing I want more than a Mars bar.

I think you just have to think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet.

liz70 Thu 01-Feb-18 11:57:11

I think perhaps you need to find a calorie allowance which will enable you to lose weight. It may be higher than you think. I do SparkPeople (similar to MFP). I have a lower daily allowance - i.e. must eat at least this amount - of 1200 kcal, and an upper (eat no more than) 1550 kcal. That's with doing nothing - both limits increase with any added activity that I log. So some days I might eat up to e.g. 1700 kcal. I've lost 7 lb since starting about 4 weeks ago, and I'm 47, and post menopausal (waved goodbye to periods at 44), so I know how your metabolism slows down at this time of life. You will get there, but it may take a bit of experimenting to achieve a success level for yourself.

Turefu Thu 01-Feb-18 20:00:47

I kept my calories limit and had a run today, so I'm happy.

Pollaidh Thu 01-Feb-18 20:30:18

Hello, I'm in a similar range to you. Currently weigh 65.7kg, 168cm. 2 years ago I realised I weighed 71kg, so just on borderline overweight, and decided to eat more healthily and get out more - had been difficult as I had been on crutches for ages.

I managed to get down to 64kg, then it started to creep back up to 67kg. Now I am watching what I eat again, using MFP to monitor, as well as my iPhone exercise and weight app.

Over the last year I've managed to build up to walking 7000 - 10,000 steps a day, which takes a bit of additional effort. Bear in mind 3 years go I couldn't walk to the end of the road with crutches. I also do 1-2 CV workouts a week at the gym, usually 20-40 minutes on a bike, and I do 2 pilates sessions a week. It's probably increasing age, but even with this amount of activity if I don't watch my diet, my weight will creep up.

So now back to healthy eating. Especially as I am high risk for diabetes, due to family history and GD.

My experience is that you need to keep some treats in your diet, otherwise you won't stick to it. However there are some fairly easy swaps you can make:

- Have a pot of tea instead of a latte when out.
- Share a slice of cake instead of having a whole one, when out. And stick to lower calorie treats like toasted teacakes.
- You can train your taste - used to love hot chocolate. I switched to cocoa powder (G&B) with Semi-skimmed milk. Now I have a mug of hot milk with a tsp of cocoa powder. At first I had a little bit of sugar, and reduced it over time. Now I have no sugar at all, it tastes lovely to me, and I can no longer buy hot chocolates in cafes, as they taste horribly sweet.

NewYearNiki Fri 02-Feb-18 10:29:43

20kg by June is unachievable imo unless you starve or exercise like a mad woman or both.

I was a similar build to you. I was lighter but shorter so probably similar sizes taking into account I am shorter.

I am 164 and was 72kg. I was 38 when I started dieting.

It took me 10 months to lose 10kg. A screen shot of an average day is attached from mfp

Thing is you are not massively overweight and nor was I.

It took 10 months to get 10kg off whilst doing alot more exercise than you.

It think 20kg is unachievable in so short a time.

Turefu Fri 02-Feb-18 11:37:31

That’s a good point NewYearNiki. Maybe I want everything too soon. If loosing 0.5kg each week is considered a healthy weight loss, it takes 40 weekends to loose 20kg. It sounds so long time. I’m looking on my diet carefully and make sure I’m within my calories limit.

NewYearNiki Fri 02-Feb-18 13:55:59

I lost weight very quickly at the start and then it slowed which is normal.

I lost 5kg very quickly and then some months nothing at all. It averaged out at 10kg in 10 months but i didnt lose it at a rate of 1kg a month.

I think you could easily get 5-7kg off if you stick to it religiously from now.

NewYearNiki Sat 03-Feb-18 13:46:23

Come and join the lovely ladies on this thread.

Alot of support here.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3155859-Roses-are-red-violets-are-blue-sugar-is-sweet-you-cant-have-any-youre-a-Slenderista-Join-us-to-lose-7lbs-of-February-flab?watched=1&msgid=75335068#75335068

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: