Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Huel?

(14 Posts)
orenisthenewblack Sun 19-Nov-17 09:38:27

I’m trying this for a while as I’m not sticking to plan on SW.
I’m replacing breakfast and lunch with huel made with 2x scoops of Huel and a 600 cal dinner. Aim to drink lots of water also.
I have lost 1 stone 5 since April with SW, but find that I’m off plan all weekend. I’m hoping this will help. I need to loose at least another two stone.

orenisthenewblack Sun 19-Nov-17 16:59:52

MissBax Mon 09-Apr-18 07:56:47

I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering how you got on, OP? I'm having my first order of Huel delivered today after binging for the last 2 months!

headache898 Sun 15-Apr-18 00:50:32

I'm a regular user of huel, as a meal replacement (breakfast and lunch at work) rather than a weight loss thing (even though I'm struggling to lose the last 7lbs).
At first it is brilliant, I felt so full and satisfied but the body gradually adjusts and I feel peckish after 2-3hrs.
Having said that, I love the convenience, i no longer obsess over what lunch/breakfast to have and what calories. Takes the guess work out and it's very routine driven. I add a spoon of coffee to the mix to give me a boost too. I'm on my 4th order now.

GracieJohnson Fri 27-Apr-18 14:18:26

Glad I found this thread as I was wondering if I should use it, too. Thank you for sharing your experiences@headache898!
Did anyone else try it?

PutTheChocEggDown Sun 29-Apr-18 15:55:29

Bumping as I'm interested too! I nearly ordered it a while back. Is it very carb heavy?

headache898 Mon 30-Apr-18 20:43:10

About 37% is carb. 30% protein

Lemonsmakelemonade Wed 13-Jun-18 13:52:28

I've got the vanilla powder and the unsweetened one, plus some bars and the granola. Not to lose weight but more about making sure I eat enough calories at breakfast and lunch. I do find I have got hungrier though.

busyboysmum Wed 20-Jun-18 12:48:21

Any more feedback on Huel?

@Lemonsmakelemonade do you still find it makes you hungrier? I've read that it fills you up so you don't snack. Is this not the case?

Lemonsmakelemonade Wed 20-Jun-18 12:54:01

I am having it with my coffee, I even added it to a Frapuccino, first thing as I don't eat breakfast. Because I wasn't eating properly in the morning. I am finding that I do not snack between my children's dinner and my own dinner (between 5 and 8pm) I'm pretty sure it must be the Huel. An added bonus is that my IBS is better!

busyboysmum Wed 20-Jun-18 14:00:18

Oooh interesting as I have ibs. I need to do something. Will investigate thank you 😁

chocolatespiders Thu 21-Jun-18 09:02:49

I am thinking of ordering this for weight loss I have 5 stone to lose. Have been reading reviews.
Think I will go for vanilla- is this nice?

PlausibleSuit Thu 21-Jun-18 09:16:21

I used it regularly until about six months ago, had a break, and now I'm back using it again.

It's OK. Very convenient and quite good value. I think the nutritional profile is pretty balanced (caveat: I'm not a nutritionist or dietician). The vanilla one is sweet; like a McDonald's milkshake, I suppose. You can get unsweetened as well, and gluten-free now. I add frozen berries and bananas to mine to bulk up the calories a bit (I'm tall, and also a personal trainer, so I need the energy). They do flavourings that you can add, although I find most of those tooth-curlingly sweet and artificial-tasting. The chocolate flavour is nice, although to be honest a can of Green & Blacks cocoa powder would do the same job for less money.

I don't rely on it all the time; the body responds to variety and Huel doesn't really provide that. And when I'm weight training Huel on its own doesn't cut it. But it is handy. When I have it, I tend to have it for lunch and sometimes breakfast too. Evening meal is always proper food, otherwise I wake up grumpy and headachy the next day.

headache898 Mon 25-Jun-18 13:59:12

I mix my flavours. So 50/50 vanilla and unsweetened. A bit of a faff but it's more palatable that way. For me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: