Talk

Advanced search

Low calorie snacks?

(8 Posts)
Venusflytwat Mon 06-Nov-17 23:29:38

Having yo-yoed up and down for years with low carb I’m giving low calorie a try and it’s actually working quite well so far.

All my go to snacks are wrong though.

What are your best low calorie snacks please??

didyouseethesunwasred Wed 08-Nov-17 11:27:00

Jelly is less than 10 cal a pot
Babybel light os just over 30 cal
Rice cakes under 40 cal
Various yoghurts 50 cal or so
Multipack crisps squares- 96 cal
Skips 77 cal

Venusflytwat Wed 08-Nov-17 19:03:51

Brilliant suggestions, the only one I’ve got is the jelly.

Are Babybel Lights really only 30 cal? That’s amazing. And rice cakes.

Thank you!!

didyouseethesunwasred Thu 09-Nov-17 16:46:18

Just checked the babybel lights are 42 cal, still not bad!

Jaimx86 Sun 12-Nov-17 12:25:05

My go to snacks are boiled eggs (prepped day before so always ready to eat), and seafood sticks (18 calories per stick). They really help to satiate me. Skips as listed above a good for if you're craving something salty/carby.

michelle303 Thu 23-Nov-17 11:02:41

Fruit! I try to avoid the eye-catching "low calorie" snacks I see in shops as they're often high in salt sad

buggerthebotox Sat 25-Nov-17 13:29:55

Rice Cakes. The Kallo choc ones are 60 cals.

Weightwstchers Layered From age Frais. 40 cals.

Some crisps are less than 100-Cheesy Wotsits, Quavers and Skips for example.

I don't like the low cal jelly pots-don't fill me.

Kingsmill no-crust bread is 55 a slice. The white one makes great toast.

Lobsterquadrille2 Sat 25-Nov-17 13:36:05

Depends if it's mouth hunger or stomach hunger. Rice cakes and Quavers etc do not fill you up and you may end up eating more. Two boiled eggs would provide protein which is longer lasting - maybe chopped and mixed with lettuce, light mayonnaise and pepper - or substitute a small can of tuna instead of eggs. I also have chicken satay sticks - not sure if calories but I think quite low. Chocolate options drink, also a bowl of homemade soup (I love onion, carrot and lentil) is a low calorie snack. I know that these require more "prep" than opening a bag of crisps, but no more calories and you're less likely to keep eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now