Talk

Advanced search

VLCD without products

(6 Posts)
Asmallgiraffe Sat 30-Sep-17 11:08:25

Hi

Has anyone has any success with a VLCD where you are making everything from scratch? I can't reconcile with shakes and bars as I can't see how they help once you try to maintain. So I am hoping to do around 750cals a day but with real food. Would love some hints and tips, recipes, links, inspiration!

Thankyou

CiderwithBuda Sat 30-Sep-17 11:13:01

The Blood Sugar Diet. There are threads on here and there is a forum or you can buy the books.

It's 800 cals a day - Mediterranean low carb foods.

I agree food from scratch is better than shakes etc.

I've just started - am tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal. Am not worrying if I go a bit over. If I'm hungry I eat something small but sensible.

Asmallgiraffe Sat 30-Sep-17 11:21:15

Sounds ideal - thankyou! Good progress so far ?

CiderwithBuda Sat 30-Sep-17 12:14:46

So far so good although I only started on Tuesday! And I had been low carbing anyway.

I'm making sure I have hard boiled eggs in th fridge and have one if I'm hungry. If I'm hungry I eat something rather than let my self get starving. Even if it means going over on calories.

I haven't looked at the threads here yet but will do.

There will be lots of support I'm sure.

Asmallgiraffe Fri 06-Oct-17 20:21:42

So far so good. Lots of lovely soup, various dinners with veg. Really missing alcohol, didn’t bother me during the week, but it’s friday night where I would ordinarily spend the evening getting progressively tipsier...

Out2pasture Tue 17-Oct-17 03:39:43

I’m doing this as well, 700-900. I am having milk in my tea that’s not being measured at this point.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: