Talk

Advanced search

Macro counting alongside CC - success story!

(3 Posts)
NurseScorne Sat 27-May-17 18:41:01

Going this might help anyone who is struggling to lose weight on CC alone.

I did CC for 4 months and got nowhere with it (but only had half a stone or so to lose and was already in healthy BMI range.

I switched to macro counting (40% carbs, 30% each on fat and protein) and the weight is dropping off - I seem to be losing around half a pound a day.

MFP does all the calculations for me so it's easy and I still get to eat food I actually like. Anyone else had such success with macro counting??

firefighterswife Tue 30-May-17 10:28:23

Wow! Well done.
I'm currently debating either doing WW (i lost alot on the old points system) or MFP cal counting.
As I was undecided - i put my days food into WW and MFP - and hockingly for a 'days worth' of points allowance it works out only 1052 cals.
that is incredibly low.
I think, given how actived we are (15-20k steps a day from dog walking and work etc) i should be aiming around 1500 cals a day? 5ft2 and 9st12ish....

Whatsername17 Mon 26-Jun-17 07:55:56

I'm going to try this. My Fat Secret app tracks macros. Cc saw me lose 1.5lb last week but I was over the macros for carbs and fat. A couple of tweeks will hopefully help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now