Talk

Advanced search

How not to eat your body weight in cake

(7 Posts)
Dowhatmakesyouhappy1212 Wed 24-May-17 17:33:58

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to not gain an insane amount of weight while pregnant... and how they lost their baby weight

Thanks smilehmmcake

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 24-May-17 17:36:36

No advice on how not to gain it- I put on 4 + stones with each pregnancy. Even when all I ate was beetroot!

After 1st, lost it very effectively through the 'heartbreak diet', not recommended. 2nd, slowly with slimming world, 3rd have nearly lost it all with high fat/low carb.

Whatsername17 Mon 26-Jun-17 12:03:42

I'm about to give you the most rubbish advice: just don't eat too much. I gained 2st4 and 1st12 in my pregnancies. It helped me to remember the baby eats what I eat. I opted for nutritious food and limited crap. With dd1 the weight fell off but I didn't manage to bf. With dd2 the weight fell off until my milk came in, then my appetite went crazy and I gained weight. I ignored it until I finished feeding 3 weeks ago. I've lost 7lb through diet and exercising using the My Fat Secret app.

PinkHeart5911 Mon 26-Jun-17 12:15:05

I've got 2 dc and didn't gain more than 2 stone in either pregnancy, I carried on walking/dancing/exercising as I normally would and did only eat when hungry not for the sake of it or eat for two as someone told me I should.
My weight came off completely in 3 months both times, I think breastfeeding may of helped with that.

I am now 13 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and I just eat my normal diet which is pretty healthy anyway but I do of course have the odd treat too.I also think that baby eats what I eat so I do believe it's important for me to make the right food choices and I think that plays a part in me not eating all the cake. I am also running around after 2 dc and keeping up my exercise at the moment ( dance class and a morning run)

SnugglySnerd Mon 26-Jun-17 12:20:19

For the first 14 wks I felt so queasy I ate mainly rich tea biscuits.
After that I ate normally and took a couple of extra snacks to work with me eg. Nuts and dried fruit or cheese and crackers so that I wouldn't get hungry and end up eating crap.
I got really hungry during the night so often got up and had a bowl of cereal to keep me going.
At my 6 week check up I was the same weight as pre-pregnancy although I still have a very wobbly tummy

Ellieboolou27 Mon 26-Jun-17 19:08:47

I only put on 2st in each of my two pregnancies, lost most of it within 6 weeks of having them and before I sound too smug put on 2.5st during my 12 month maternity leave!
Lost it both times using mfp when each of my dc were around 18 months sorry not helpful

Weebitty Mon 26-Jun-17 19:10:26

Get gestational diabetes... half a stone lighter 2 weeks post baby than I was before i got pregnant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: