Talk

Advanced search

MFP - motivation and low calorie snack ideas

(12 Posts)
JustTheWayYouAre Thu 18-May-17 13:46:02

I started MFP again last week, and have lost 1lb grin

I am looking for ideas to motivate myself, so today I bought some plants for the garden to celebrate my first lb, and plan to buy a dress for the first stone, but need some other ideas for rewards in between.

I also have been looking for snack ideas for 100 calories or less - things like Tesco sushi taster packs, dairylea dunkers, jelly. I eat loads of veg, mostly raw and I generally eat well, so don't mind a bit of junk.

Would anyone like to share ideas?

Thefrenchconnection1 Fri 19-May-17 19:10:28

Marks and Spencer chocolate tea cakes 79 kcal

olympicsrock Fri 19-May-17 19:15:15

Kallo chocolate rice cakes (mini pack), natures valley popcorn and peanut bar are both under a hundred calories and delicious

CuriosityDoor Fri 19-May-17 19:16:30

Kallo lightly salted low fat corn cakes are only 25 calories and help when I'm wanting something crunchy!

A1Sharon Sat 20-May-17 08:19:13

Dear Lord! Those M&S tea cakes are divine, I couldn't have them
In the house though, they would be gone in a morning....

JustTheWayYouAre Sat 20-May-17 18:22:04

Thanks for the suggestions - I do love corn cakes, hadn't thought of those. I do find having a portion easier, it's so easy to tuck into the whole packet otherwise.

Will investigate the teacakes, but are they still yummy without lashings of butter?

JustTheWayYouAre Sat 20-May-17 18:23:06

Also the popcorn / peanut bar sounds just the ticket.

Thefrenchconnection1 Sat 20-May-17 20:58:17

Chocolate marshmallow type teacakes not like a bun

drspouse Sat 27-May-17 21:36:20

Thanks for the reminder that I also like those Kallo cakes, with a tiny bit of spread!

Groupie123 Wed 31-May-17 15:45:21

My snacks:
20g almonds or pistacios or walnuts
Boiled eggs
Plain strained yoghurt to make up 100 cals
Celery/Carrot sticks with a tiny bit of hummus
Smoked salmon

If you want to sustain the weightloss your snacks shouldn't be moreish - the more boring the better.

newlark Wed 14-Jun-17 18:37:12

My current favourites are

Tesco chewy dried banana - I weight it out into small snack bags and keep one in my bag 89 cals per 30g

2 corn thins with 1 slice Leerdammer light 98 cals

sweetbitter Thu 22-Jun-17 08:11:13

M&S ginger biscuits are 35 calories each, three makes a great snack when you have a sugar craving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now