Talk

Advanced search

hit a plateau

(4 Posts)
crunchymommy Sun 12-Jun-16 12:38:15

Hi!

I'm calorie counting and following a limit of 1200 a day. I haven't been doing regulate exercise but just counting alone I've lost 70lbs. These past few weeks though I've plateaued. Is there anything I can do to help my weight loss start up again? I need to be in my wedding dress by 28th July!! sad

notagiraffe Sun 12-Jun-16 15:05:49

Congratulations on losing 70lbs. Are you now within healthy BMI? If so, it is harder to lose weight.

Friends who hit plateaus have sworn by stopping drinking diet sodas and cutting out bananas. I've no idea why but they said those two things slowed weight loss.

Think I'd start double checking portion sizes haven't crept up again.
Also, maybe increase high fibre low carb low calorie foods, such as salad leaves, raw veg etc as they use more calories to digest.

And add in exercise. If you do, add calories too. Go up to 1400-1500 on days you burn 2-300 cals , then gradually increase the exercise and decrease the calories again.

ilovechocolate07 Thu 23-Jun-16 09:51:04

I saw something on a documentary (or read it) that said to ride out the plateau until your body readjusts itself as naturally our bodies like to stay at a particular weight. I'm riding out a plateau at the moment too and it's hard as it's half a stone that hasn't budged much in about 2 or 3 months.

crunchymommy Fri 24-Jun-16 12:54:07

I wish I could ride it out but my wedding dress doesn't fit and I've got 4 weeks lol! Think I'm really going to ramp up exercise but still to a sensible amount!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now