XLS Medical Max

(11 Posts)
HappenstanceMarmite Mon 16-May-16 10:39:20

I've been dieting for nearly 3 months using MFP on 1200kcals per day. Am strict about it and include veg and fruit into calculations. So far I've lost 11lbs.

I decided - after doing some reading - to try out this XLS Medical Max, but only just started it (I bought the 10day trial pack).

So I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has tried it (the MAX strength newer product) and how it's going or how it went?

Please, no lectures about taking slimming tablets. These tabs do not contain any stimulants else I wouldn't take them. But they claim to reduce calorie intake of fats, sugar and carbs by 33%.

Ps I did a search but majority of threads were about the older XLS Medical tabs - ie fat OR carb blockers only.

Looking forward to your stories.

Imaspecialsnowflake1 Mon 16-May-16 10:42:45

I haven't tried those but I do take a privately prescribed Sliming tablet and they work for me just wanted to say good luck!

HappenstanceMarmite Mon 16-May-16 11:21:22

Thanks snowflake smile

Can I ask the name of the Rx medication you are on please?

Imaspecialsnowflake1 Mon 16-May-16 12:48:22

It is called Phentermine and I get it from the National Slimming Centre. I now know that I am going to get jumped on for taking this but it works for me. I have lost 17lbs since March.

gwenneh Mon 16-May-16 12:51:06

I'm too scared to try it. My DM is convinced it's what messed up her heart.

But it worked. And I won't say I'm not tempted.

HappenstanceMarmite Mon 16-May-16 16:16:18

snowflake I though they stopped prescribing that in the UK years ago. I have dabbled and used to buy it online, but then even that access was blocked. I did lose on Phentermine, but did not care for the side effects and wouldn't do it again.

HappenstanceMarmite Mon 16-May-16 16:17:23

gwenneh what did your Mum take...XLS Max?

gwenneh Mon 16-May-16 16:20:43

No, phentermine.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 21:06:02

Hi, we're moving this thread over to our Calorie Counting topic at the OP's request. smile

Wolfiefan Wed 18-May-16 21:07:37

Were those the pills I saw recently on a programme where they just stop you absorbing fat? So it comes straight through as the shits!

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 18-May-16 22:24:29

Thanks Dawn wink

No Wolfiefan. You're talking about Xenical or Alli which has that effect.

XLS Max supposedly absorb some fat and carbs, but not as aggressively as the above meds.

Just wondered if anyone here has tried them? I've been on them a few days but not seen a change in weight. But man...the wind shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now