Herbal tea

(3 Posts)
Mynameisdominoharvey Sun 15-May-16 22:11:54

Does it help with weight loss? I am going to start using MFP tomorrow and planned to drink water and herbal area, avoiding squash, fizzy drinks etc.
Does anyone else have experience of this and does it work?
Thanks smile

Hopefully Mon 16-May-16 11:58:02

It helps me from the POV that it keeps me occupied and sipping tea rather than raiding the cupboards, but it doesn't actually burn extra calories.

I have found (and I have absolutely no idea if this is an actual thing or total placebo) that freshly made turmeric and ginger tea (ie with grated roots) suppresses my appetite a bit and can stave off hunger till next meal. Possibly I have just convinced myself that it does which is why it works!

cindyrella Sat 21-May-16 09:16:00

It helps me in that I drink a cup of herbal tea when I'm on a cupboard search for snackiness out of habit. It's now become my new habit. Fills me up and gives me a distraction. That's it though. Obs you'll need to eat healthy the rest of the day. Calorie counting has worked wonders for me (& my herbal teas are 0 calories!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now