Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you count fruit in to your calorie allowance

(7 Posts)
petitpois55 Tue 10-May-16 10:39:23

I'm losing weight by basically cutting my portions and seriously attacking my sweet tooth. I'm also doing a bit of exercise five days out of seven. It seems to be working, and i'm not finding it too difficult at all.
I eat on average three portions of fruit a day, and unlimited veg and salad. Just wondering if people count fruit in to your calorie allowance? I haven't been bothering.

Toffeelatteplease Tue 10-May-16 18:42:21

Yes definitely. If you eat it you should count it

petitpois55 Wed 11-May-16 09:45:51

Thanks. Weighed this morning and have lost 1.5 pounds. That's with not counting fruit or milk. That's good enough for me. I'm going to stick with what i'm doing. If weight loss starts to slow i may reconsider.

Popocatapetl1234 Wed 11-May-16 09:53:17

Fruit is high in calories and sugar. So is milk. If you want to lose weight. You need to count every calorie you consume.

petitpois55 Wed 11-May-16 13:42:20

Erm, I am losing weight. That's the point, so i obviously don't need to count my fruit and milk smile

Lighteningirll Wed 11-May-16 13:45:15

Well done that's a great sustainable result keep it up, I never count fruit but I don't often have milk (green tea and yogurt on most cereal)

petitpois55 Wed 11-May-16 13:56:06

Thanks light Have lost 5lb in the last few weeks. that's despite having a blow out meal both weekends since i started.
Very happy with that. I'm getting in to green tea at the moment. My dd drinks loads of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now