Talk

Advanced search

Day 10 of no sugar

(3 Posts)
Cheesecrumpets01 Wed 02-Mar-16 09:35:58

Massive sugar addict here. Usually we would be talking at least a total of 7 spoons of sugar in tea and coffee just before midday. Biscuits with tea, chocolate bars with lunch, fizzy drinks or juices, pudding/chocolate and sweets after dinner.
I decided to cut out sugar 10 days ago, so I went cold turkey and have stopped all sugar in hot drinks, only drinking water no squash, no chocolate or juice with lunch and no sweets after dinner.
How long does it take to notice a difference. I see people saying how they feel less sluggish, loose weight, skin feels better ect but I have noticed no difference at all. Wondering wether it's actually worth keeping it up, if after 10 days I haven't noticed any difference?

StEdmundsPippins Wed 02-Mar-16 10:04:00

Yes, definitely keep it up as there are hidden benefits to for your health as well as the visual ones.

I have had a terrible sweet tooth for chocolate and cake, and two days ago was told by my GP that I'm borderline diabetic as my blood sugars are way up.
I was in total shock. Believe me, I really don't want to go down that road, and neither possibly, do you.
So I am now totally sugar free, including pastry, bread, pasta , biscuits, cake, plus of course the choccy. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Ten days sugar free is brilliant, well done and keep it up.

ShakeItOff2016 Wed 02-Mar-16 10:59:12

Hi hun. Firstly I'd just like to say well done for making the effort to cut down on your sugar intake. That's a great step towards getting healthier.

How you are feeling and the benefits you get will depend not only on your sugar intake, but also on the rest of your diet as well. There is sugar hidden in so much of our every day food so even when you think you're only taking in a little, you could still be having a lot! Make sure you're checking the labels :-)

If you want to see some serious results, I'm wondering whether you should go for an all out detox. That way you know for sure exactly what's going into your body, so you can start to get the results you're looking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now