Breakfast

(6 Posts)
taybert Wed 17-Feb-16 08:01:04

I've recently started losing weight and days when I'm at work I don't bother with breakfast. Mornings are pretty tight so time is a factor but I usually find that if I do eat a normal carb based breakfast I'm hungry by mid morning. I manage fine until lunch without so it seems a waste of calories and I have a decent lunch.

The problem is days I'm at home with the kids. I obviously give them breakfast and they have a mid morning snack too so there's always loads of food around and where I'd be busy at work I'm just thinking about food! So, anyone got ideas for low calorie breakfasts? I've had the odd egg but often have those for lunch and I sometimes have fruit and yoghurt. Anything else?

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 17-Feb-16 08:02:57

I have porridge made with water , some cinammon and a teaspoon of agave / honey if I want it sweeter . It has been much better for me than cereal or toast .

Blondie1984 Fri 19-Feb-16 00:35:54

Porridge
Grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and turkey bacon
Greek yoghurt with berries or stewed apple and a small sprinkling of oats or other whole grain cereal

VirginiaWoofs Fri 19-Feb-16 07:16:40

I have porridge made with water with a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. So filling

LaContessaDiPlump Fri 19-Feb-16 07:19:45

I've been dieting since New Year and have almost lost a stone - I've been having home-made granola for breakfast (max 340 calories) and then nothing until lunch as that fills me up. If I have less than that then I am far too tempted to snack!

TENDTOprocrastinate Sun 28-Feb-16 10:10:10

2 weetabix with skimmed milk with sliced grapes is my favourite -228 cals.
I also like smoked salmon on wholemeal toast with lemon & pepper (no butter/spread needed)
Both are filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now