Talk

Advanced search

MFP or Nutracheck? Which one and why?

(10 Posts)
MarvinKMooney Fri 22-Jan-16 15:27:31

I've been using MFP for a few months now. Naturally, there's an American bias, but I've been pretty happy with it and it's been working for me.

I've just started a week's trial with Nutracheck - much more of a UK focus, nice layout, seems easy to use.

Just interested ... if you've used both, which one do you prefer and why? Is it worth paying a fee to use Nutracheck in the long run? Is there anything on MFP that isn't on Nutracheck ... and vice versa?

Any thoughts appreciated!

ToastedBanana Sat 23-Jan-16 06:18:47

I'd be interested to know the differences? How much is Nutracheck? I'm using MFP and would find it hard to justify paying for something I could get for free.

Mackers123 Sun 24-Jan-16 21:09:21

MFP just down to the fact that it's free. Nutracheck is at the moment just under £30 for 6 months

Happymummie2 Mon 25-Jan-16 15:03:22

Nutracheck has an App only membership for £3.99 which is ideal for me - it has photos of all the foods I eat which makes it very easy to identify them, and it's totally UK focussed. It covers all the supermarkets (Aldi, Waitrose and everything in between) and the coffee shop chains as well - brilliant!

MarvinKMooney Mon 25-Jan-16 18:38:22

Ooh replies! Thank you smile

I've just discovered the app-only option - they keep that one well hidden! Liking Nutra check so far - the UK focus makes it all so much easier.

Weirdly, Nutracheck gives me more calories than mfp. Anyone else found that?

My free trial ends in a day or two and I think I may indeed make the switch ...

Cadsuane Fri 29-Jan-16 22:04:06

Been using Nutracheck since the new year. They encourage you exercise so you are expected to earn at least 200 calories a day. Happy to pay just now as trying to loose a final stone and couldn't get my head round the new Weight Watchers plan(lost 3.5 so far), might have a rethink when I'm comfortable maintaining though.

CharleyDavidson Fri 22-Jul-16 20:21:03

Old thread, but adding my opinion anyway.

I much prefer nutracheck despite having to pay. I have just rejoined with an offer of 25% off by quoting concept1 at the promo box option. So £18ish for 3 months. Obviously a lot of people would prefer free, but I think it's alot cheaper than ww or sw. And like some others, I prefer the picture options and the uk bais compared to the us bias of MFP.

peachcake Sat 23-Jul-16 22:21:02

Nutracheck all the way, UK friendly and so easy to use! They have a helpline too smile

CharleyDavidson Sat 23-Jul-16 23:08:08

Didn't know about the helpline!

I like how it expects you to be a certain level of active before awarding you extra cals to use or to save.

And how you can choose a day or two a week for extra cals and it automatically lowers the cals on the rest of the days in the week to compensate.

GuttedDotCom Sun 23-Oct-16 20:24:20

I know this is an old thread, but can you do a "live weigh in" with other people on the app only Nutracheck version? I do like that aspect of it on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now