Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss journey feel free to join😊

(16 Posts)
ami9 Wed 23-Dec-15 12:45:39

Hi,
My ds will be 5 next week and I have no more excuses to be 3 stones over my healthy bmi weight. I am starting PHD meal replacement shakes from tomorrow. I will check in every night for an update and if it motivates anyone regardless of what diet or plan you choose to go on please feel free to join😊 because I will need motivation too😊my plan is to have 3ltr water (green tea included) multivitamin, fish oil and a healthy meal with 2 fruit snacks. I will be replacing my breakfast and afternoon meal with the shakes as I work in evenings so dont want to eat too late at night. I will also be adding 30 min excercise a day. Wish me luck.

ami9 Thu 24-Dec-15 19:44:53

Day 1 completed👍

GlitterandSequins Sat 26-Dec-15 09:44:59

Well Done ami9!

I will join you if that's ok? Currently using mfp to calorie count but received a fitbit yesterday so going to switch over so all my tracking is in the same place.

ami9 Sat 26-Dec-15 23:28:45

Hi Glitter and Sequins. Yes please join me. We can support each other throughout our journey😊 I am joining the gym from the 3rd jan so will start working out religiously. How much are you looking to lose? I am setting myself small goals but do have 3 stones to lose.

Kreeshsheesh Sat 26-Dec-15 23:34:53

Can I join? You sound so motivated! I need to lose 2st and try to trim up my very wobbly belly. I have literally done no exercise for months. Have ordered a lightening deal cross trainer as my attempts at c25k have failed over the past 3 years.

GlitterandSequins Sun 27-Dec-15 02:54:56

I have at least 3 stone to lose (probably more like 5!) I started working out with a personal trainer 2 months ago but I cannot get a grip on my eating. I work out at least 3 times a week but need extra motivation to not just eat shit and would love it if we could help each other with that smile

ami9 Mon 28-Dec-15 01:07:15

Hi kreeshsheesh☺ dont worry too much about any past failures. I have had loads of failures too. Im sure if I can do it anyone can👍 lets make a start of eating well and working out. Consistency is key. I am taking every 1 meal at a time. Keeping my head down and looking forward to a slimmer summer😊 Glitter and Sequins I have tried personal training, gymming etc however have struggled with diet and portion control hence decided to have shakes. I know will have to introduce food carefully once lost weight. Personally im finding the Phd meal replacement shakes very filling. See if you want to try 1 shake and 2 meals a day instead of 3 meals? Another thing I find helpful is not to allow my favourite junk in the house and to have 1 cheat meal a week (hoping to bring it to once a month over time) hope this helps xx

ami9 Tue 29-Dec-15 00:45:13

Hi, I am still finding eating less difficult when cooking for family however I am very proud to be sticking to my plan. I hold back and do not give into my craving but about 15 20 min later i do start feeling proud of myself for being strong😊 i am having a cheat meal on sun (and every sun after that) but really want to stop looking at food as a treat (ofcourse will take some time) so I am going to make a visual wish list of dresses, coat, bag, hairstyle,haircolour, eye makeup i would like and treat myself for hitting my goals. At the moment with the holidays etc i am very busy but once i have some time i will make this visual list for myself😊 hope todays post makes sense as I am extremely tired today so pls ignore any spelling errors.

GlitterandSequins Tue 29-Dec-15 01:24:25

I have a 'goal dress' that I want to fit into again and I plan to try it on, on the 1st of every month and take a photo, I find that sometimes when I get disheartened it helps to look back at the progress that I have made.

Sounds like you are motivated to do well ami , I look forward to sharing this journey with you and kreeshsheesh, It helps massively having support from others smile

Kreeshsheesh Tue 29-Dec-15 22:21:11

Hello everyone. I need to get my greedy head in the right place and I think you will be great inspiration! I'm finding it hard not to eat stuff just because it's there! We have a dangerous amount of contraband chocolate in this house just now! I need to get my goal into my mind.

ami9 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:53:12

Hello😊 my ds and dd birthday party was today so had alot of sweet to eat. 2mrw is a new day and new year. We can do it!!! Glitter I love the idea of trying "the dress" on 1st of each month. I am going to do that too😊 kreeshsheesh we can do it. Lets be strong💪 xx

NantucketNightbird Fri 01-Jan-16 07:58:58

Hi can I join? I was on another group but it has set up a Facebook group and I'm not on facebook. I have 3 stone to loose I'm vegetarian and going to do a combination of tesco shakes (what are phd shakes?) and soups. Starting today fingers crossed

ami9 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:43:14

Hi nightbird feel free to join😊 phd meal replacement shakes are just shakes in powder form. You can buy from boots or holland and barrett. I am having 2 shakes and one high protein low carb meal from today😊 really helps knowing im not the only one. These kind of low cal diets will slow the metabolism hence excercise is a must so once I have settled in (maybe 3 4 days) will start skipping for 15 20 min. I would love to lose 3 stones x

ami9 Sat 02-Jan-16 22:56:37

Hi, I have really struggled not to raid the chocolate cuboard today😨 been a difficult day however I love the feeling of being in bed knowing I did not give in my cravings. I was strong again today but it took every ounce of my will power. Im hoping the cravings to stop once im in second week. (I have given up sugar as my new yr resolution) sorry my posts all over the place. Good night x

Aphie Sun 03-Jan-16 12:28:46

Can I join? Currently have no idea where to begin. I have a ww pass but it seems they've changed the points system again and not sure it's for me. Currently weigh 17 stone and I'm 5 foot 8, I'd like to loose the full 5 1/2 stone I'm overweight by according to bmi but I think I need smaller goals.
Im getting married in September and I think 3 stone by then would make me happy.

I'm giving up fizzy drinks except for weekends to begin with. Hoping to cut them entirely. I also have a dress I could try on the beginning of every month. I like that idea for motivation. It's a size 14 even though I'm a size 18. It goes on but obviously doesn't do up at all. Rambling now but j wanted to get it out there so that some one holds me accountable haha.

ami9 Wed 06-Jan-16 13:47:36

Hi Alphie😊 welcome to the thread. Congratulations im sure you can easily lose 3 stones by sep. Wedding dress and wedding pics are a big motivation. Have you decided on what plan you will be following? Im sorry for the late reply I was unable to log into my account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now