Talk

Advanced search

Low cal lunches

(14 Posts)
KeepSmiling83 Tue 13-Oct-15 19:14:10

Hi

I have just started using MFP and am struggling with what to have for lunch. I have a 6 month old so need to have quick and easy things. Anyone got any ideas? I tend to have cereal and toast for breakfast and a home cooked meal at night eg. pasta, chicken and veg etc but really struggle at lunch time!

Stoneagemum Tue 13-Oct-15 19:21:10

Soup is good or use a sandwich thin instead of 2 slices of bread for a sandwich as they are only 100cals for the 2 slices.

GiveMummyTheWhizzer Wed 25-Nov-15 20:44:45

Lettuce wraps.

Big old iceberg lettuce, take a whole leaf and wrap tuna or cheese or chicken up in it like a tortilla. Surprisingly yummy.

confusedalways Wed 25-Nov-15 20:49:17

I have scrambled egg on toast most days for lunch doesn't come up particularly high in calories.

mrsmugoo Wed 25-Nov-15 20:51:45

I like protein heavy salads e.g cottage cheese or tuna with baby spinach, red onion, capers, cherry toms etc... If you need some carbs add an oatcake or two.

Veg curry or daal with a chapati would be nice in this colder weather.

pinkmagic1 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:56:40

Soup or poached egg on toast.

BoysRule Mon 18-Jan-16 14:40:41

I have tuna salad in a wholemeal pitta and a packet of low fat crisps - comes in at less than 400 and is filling.

PantsOfGold Tue 26-Jan-16 19:34:50

I'm a bit lazy, but I buy one of the lower cal 700ml cartons of Covent Garden soup. I halve them over two days - eat with a slice of toast and follow with a satsuma and small treat. The butternut squash and carrot one is 98 calls per serving.

Titsywoo Tue 26-Jan-16 19:38:10

I just bought some of those butternut squash noodles from M&S. Half a pack is about 120 cals (can be microwaved in 30 secs) and with some roasted veg (I pre-do a batch at the start of the week) and a bit of pesto or tomato sauce makes a very healthy low cal lunch. They are really tasty smile

Titsywoo Tue 26-Jan-16 19:38:54

Maybe chuck some chicken or feta in for protein?

SusannahD Tue 26-Jan-16 19:51:46

Salad with chicken/prawns, prep the salad earlier, night before if short on time.

Cooked breakfast takes max 10 minutes, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Hummus and salad

TENDTOprocrastinate Thu 18-Feb-16 09:43:41

Smoked salmon on wholemeal toasted bread (no need for butter) with lemon and pepper is one of my favourites.
Or make a smoothie- I've got a nutribullet which is fab. Jason vale has some really nutritious easy recipes

Perfectlypurple Thu 18-Feb-16 09:46:19

I have frittata quite a lot. Im a vegetarian so use the kinda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages. I grill 2 of them, chop the up. Beat 2 large eggs and season them, add the chopped sausages and cook in a small frying pan. That is 278 calories. I like having that as the eggs make it more filling than a sandwich.

toffeeboffin Thu 18-Feb-16 17:56:21

Big batch lentil and veg soup, have that with ryvita and tuna / boiled eggs / cottage cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now