Talk

Advanced search

How many calories would I need to cut down on?

(7 Posts)
3CheekyLittleMonkeys Thu 07-May-15 09:25:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsNextDoor Thu 07-May-15 10:57:05

Instead of looking at calories, look at what you are eating. The amount you're eating is about right...your weight seems ok....1000 cals is not enough for a woman. You need to do more excersise and eat less fat and less processed food. Busying about is not the same as excersise. you need to get a sweat on to burn cals....to get out of breath.

Vivacia Fri 08-May-15 19:12:51

Hi, I think that it's a great start that you're so aware of your current calorie-intake and burn.

1000 calories is too really too low for most people. I've used your stats and think that you should try 1300. But you'll need to be really strict with your measuring and recording because with your height and weight there's not much room for manoeuvre.

Don't over-estimate your burn, general everyday movement is not going to be that significant. My rule of thumb is that exercise is for healthy heart and lungs, but weight-loss is done in the kitchen. Saying that, if you struggle on these calories, I think that doing something that gets you really puffing, like a 45 minute spin class, can help you earn a few more calories for a treat.

Vivacia Fri 08-May-15 19:15:38

Also, reading NextDoor's post, the "A calorie is a calorie" worked for me, and the weight dropped off (I'm currently maintaining).

Xxdebbiexx Fri 08-May-15 19:27:50

I have downloaded an app called pacer and walked 10,000 steps a day and only have a 1000 calories I have cereal for breakfast and sandwich for lunch and weight watcher meal for dinner I've lost a stone in a month x

Vivacia Fri 08-May-15 19:28:54

xxd do you mind me asking where you got the 1000 number from?

alphabook Mon 25-May-15 19:03:57

MFP doesn't recommend you eat less than 1200 a day, anything less than that and you're not likely to be getting enough nutrition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now