Talk

Advanced search

What do you think

(3 Posts)
dontknowwhatnametopick Sun 01-Feb-15 13:54:36

Hi I've been on my healthy eating plan for 4 weeks now and in total I have lost 12 lbs. I am 18 stone so I have a long way to go. In the past I tried slimming world but felt I had no portion control and then weight watchers but got fed up with the weighing of everything that passed my lips. I decided that I wasn't going to do any of that this time. Instead I eat healthy options, I eat in moderation, I weigh some things out but not every little thing. So far so good. My average menu looks like this:

Breakfast, weetabix and one slice of whole meal toast with a topping, this could be organic peanut butter, banana, jam, etc

Lunches include ham/chicken salads (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beet root, a little coleslaw, sugar snap peas), some days I have chicken and rice with some salad, individual weight watchers quiche and salad, baked potatoe with topping

Dinners include tuna pasta, chilli, fish, spaghetti bolognaise, chicken, with these ill usually have a little portion of baby potatoes and loads of veg except the chilli and spag Bol

Snacks are fruit, rice cakes, fat free yogurt

If I crave crisps then snack a jacks help that and if I crave chocolate I have a 2 finger kit kat or a Jaffa cake.

I also drink 2 litres of water a day, one litre is just water the other litre is water with no added sugar diluting juice. If I have tea I've swapped my 2 sugars to one sweetener or I have green tea.

Do you think I'm on the right track?

HeyMacWey Sun 01-Feb-15 14:00:56

Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Looks pretty good - my only suggestion would be to try and lose the sweeteners - over time your taste buds will change and you'll never miss it.

How many weetabix do you have? It looks as if you're having two breakfasts by following it up with toast. How about replacing with a poached egg on toast? Protein will keep you fuller for longer.

You could also try replacing your snack a jacks with almonds. You'll need to weigh out a portion size though as it's easy to grab a large handful!

Hope that helps?

m0therofdragons Tue 03-Feb-15 20:39:48

Well done. Definitely on the right track.

It's about finding what works for you. I'm loving mfp on my phone. I can zap barcodes and do occasional weighing, programme my planned meals and snacks in the day before etc and so I'm in total control of what I'm eating and know exactly what my portion sizes should be. It's perfect for my needs. Reading your op it may support what you are already doing to help you stay focussed xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: