Talk

Advanced search

MFP calorie mistake?

(7 Posts)
BellaTata Mon 03-Nov-14 21:01:57

So I've noticed that on a couple of things, oat so simple, green and blacks chocolate, that the amount of calories per each serving on the packet is lower that what it says on MFP.. For example 1 packet of oats so simple with semi skimmed milk is 180 calories on the packet but on MFP it say its 215 calories!

I know it's only 35 calories but when I'm calorie counting it feels like a lot!

Has anyone else noticed this? Which reading should I go by?!

CecyHall Mon 03-Nov-14 21:04:25

Sometime manufacturers make items smaller or change recipes- MFP is made up of a lot of user input so some of it may be old.

BellaTata Mon 03-Nov-14 21:05:59

So I should go for what it says on the packet if I'm being strict about it all?

CecyHall Mon 03-Nov-14 21:06:59

Yes I would (and add it on to mfp to be an up to date option and there for next time)

BellaTata Mon 03-Nov-14 21:10:20

Thank you! Looks like I can squeeze an extra piece of chocolate in!

Jayne35 Wed 12-Nov-14 12:13:47

There is an option to amend items, then the amended item can be used by all. I always check as some things have been way out and when you are having only 1200 calories a day, every one of them counts grin

MrsBertMacklin Wed 24-Dec-14 12:02:34

Go by the packet and amend the MFP entry to help others. I normally change the values, then edit the title too, eg Sainsbury's bacon (corrected 2014) as this seems to be the site etiquette.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now