Talk

Advanced search

About to go shopping

(5 Posts)
Coffeemonster1 Thu 30-Oct-14 12:23:55

What healthy snacks can I buy?
My problem is sweet foods and carbs. I crave sugary tea/coffee, chocolate and biscuits, pasta and bread. I need to cut down, not cut out completely, but at work, instead of chocolate bars and processed sandwiches, what can I buy?

Jessbags001 Thu 30-Oct-14 16:11:22

I love dried mango at the moment!

almostfullyfunctional Sat 01-Nov-14 21:16:44

homemade flapjacks are easy, sweet and filling. There are loads of recipes out there. I add chia seeds and dried cranberries for extra smug factor.

SarahCraine Mon 03-Nov-14 05:50:59

I am also a chocolate lover. But since I started the process of losing weight, I looked for some sweet alternatives. I made a research and came up to these food ideas.

Frozen Chocolate banana
Chocolate flavoured cereal
Dried fruit
Low fat and sugar ice creams and frozen yogurts(100 calories per serve)

Hairylegs47 Mon 03-Nov-14 06:07:11

These are my treats:
Frozen yoghurts. If I can't get that I go for a non frozen yoghurt or, if there's no choice a bubbly bar as it's 148 calories. But I'd rather have a lot of fro yo for the same.
Nature Valley granola bars but keep on eye on sugar and fat content.
Make yourself a pot of salad, put some diced chicken, or other lean meat, in too. Along with 1/4 cup of brown rice/pasta. I add a table spoon of 70% Heinz salad cream if I decide to make that my 'treat'. I prepare the salad stuff the night before and throw them into a pot in the morning. I leave the dressing off until I'm about to eat as it makes the veg go funny if left on at the start of the day. I bought a round tub from Asda just for my salad. The salad cream gets skirted into a little sandwich bag and squirted on just before eating.
Ryvita crisp breads are 40 calories a 'slice' and are great to take the edge off a carb craving. 1 slice of normal bread is 70 - 95 a slice.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now