Talk

Advanced search

Started MFP one week ago and no loss!

(17 Posts)
Loletta Tue 22-Jul-14 21:40:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

McBear Tue 22-Jul-14 21:45:31

Me too... Well I'm a few days in.

Calorie counting will always work. It's a fact that if you only eat 1000 calories of pizza, you will lose weight because there is a deficit. You will obviously look better on 1000 cal of meat and salad.

Lioness82 Thu 24-Jul-14 22:43:40

I checked my MFP weight log - same reading day1 and day7, 2.3kg drop on day 14 when I weighed in.

Keep going - I've lost every week since then, although the week after my period it was only 400g (not quite a pound).

If no change next week, try another online calculator and see if calories need to be rejigged a little.

Fontella Thu 31-Jul-14 23:45:38

I'm on MFP and have lost 11lbs since June 7th.

As has already been said - calorie counting will always work. You take in less than you burn, creating a deficit which the body will take from fat stores. Provided you are creating a deficit - you will burn fat and thereby lose weight.

But there's no quick fix with calorie counting - for every 3,500 calorie deficit you will lose approximately one pound. It's slow - but it works.

Be patient, one week is absolutely nothing, and certainly not enough to lose motivation. My weight stays the same for longer than a week, in fact I've been at my current weight for the past six days and I haven't put a foot wrong diet and exercise wise. Some days I even register slight gains (I'm a daily weigher as I find that works best for me). Yes it's frustrating when the scales don't move (or even move upwards) but I've learned not to panic or get disheartened, and the loss eventually does come. I'm averaging about 1.4lbs loss per week and I'm very happy with that.

Keep logging, keep up a calorie deficit and you will lose weight - but it does require patience.

snickers251 Sat 02-Aug-14 09:02:47

Have been doing mfp since end of May (though tend to cheat most weekends)

I've lost 17lbs so far, some weeks no change, some more than the predicted 2lbs a week.

Keep going! grin

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Sun 03-Aug-14 15:17:51

I lost 40lbs on MFP last year, and put them back when I stopped logging everyday.
Are you sure you are measuring your food accurately? It is very easy to underestimate portions.

Moanranger Wed 06-Aug-14 22:28:23

I am on a combination of MFP & FitBit. I am not losing, in part because I eat between 1400-1750 calls on most days. I find 1200 cals tough, but need to get that low to shift it.
Try measuring everything for awhile to be sure you are accurate & you will start to get a feel for portions, etc. A week is nothing.

dolallymum Thu 07-Aug-14 08:49:26

Are you doing anything fitness orientated? For best results you need to be doing both, not just CC.
Also, for all you are not losing weight on the scales, I recommend also taking measurements of your waist, lower abdomen, hips and thighs. Each week I have noticed a reduction, regardless of what the scales say.
For all CC is not the best option for everyone, don't give up hope just yet. Stick with it and hope you start to see results soon.

GiniCooper Thu 07-Aug-14 09:17:49

I agree with Senatus
Are you weighing food properly.

My sister was doing this but guessing her portions and couldn't understand why she wasn't losing.
For instance morning cereal, 30g portion. She was filling her bowl and assuming the weight.

Sk2280 Tue 30-Sep-14 16:45:09

I have continued on MFP for 3 months now and have lost 8.5 kilos (please convert it in stones!) The sincere calorie counting was clubbed with regular cardio and I have seen result every week. Don't think anybody can go wrong with this if you are honest with yourself.

But my problem is that despite losing weight and dropping a breast size, the round tummy has not flattened. I have started doing crunches and squats but nothing seems to hide that round ugly belly in short dresses. Any suggestions please?

almostfullyfunctional Thu 23-Oct-14 04:59:11

It takes ages for the tummy to go. my little pot is still with me and i have put more effort into losing that sucker than I did into my degree! I tell myself that if I don't give up eventually it will give in. Not sure I believe myself though

almostfullyfunctional Thu 23-Oct-14 05:14:28

Blogilates on YouTube has some good tummy exercises, if you can get over wanting to slap her

somuchtosortout Thu 23-Oct-14 05:19:29

Could someone enlighten as to what mfp is and how it works? I def need something that helps me track my intake! (sorry for hijack)

almostfullyfunctional Thu 23-Oct-14 22:03:49

My Fitness Pal, an app that calculates you intake and exercise. Lots of threads about it on calorie counting

somuchtosortout Fri 24-Oct-14 09:48:13

Ooh, thanks. Will try to download it!

Badleg Tue 28-Oct-14 13:18:09

I have gone back onto MFP today.

I think you also need to be aware of what you are eating even if you are only eating 1200 cals check your nutrition.

I am shocked in that today I will hit my 1200 target but currently I am sitting at 60% carbs. My friend has a PT and uses MFP and was told to stay below 20% carbs to really hit the weight.

If WW worked for you before can you go back to it?

RunkyJam Tue 04-Nov-14 14:50:56

I tried MFP for a while without much success. I think its because it's only focusing on the volume of calories, rather than the types of food you are eating. i.e. 1,200 of chocolate is not going to have the same impact on your body as 1,200 of veg and salad.

At the moment I'm on Exante, which you only do for 3 weeks. The first week I loved it, as I couldn't believe I was actually sticking to 600 calories a day. But, I haven't lost as much as I was hoping and to be honest its just very boring after a while.

I'm thinking of switching to 5:2 and using exante on my "2" days, and MFP on the 5 days to keep the calories down.

So tough with Xmas coming though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now