Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

weightloss stopped. ..where am I going wrong?

(5 Posts)
NameOfTheNick Tue 11-Mar-14 08:04:31

I've lost 8lb since end of january, it has steadily been coming off but the last nearly 3 weeks weight loss has stopped completely.

Have been religiously sticking to 1350cals per day, plenty of veg, smaller portions of carbs than I would usually have.

Any suggestions? It's a bit disheartening sad

Joules68 Tue 11-Mar-14 08:34:47

Exercise?

And maybe there's not enough calories there?

NameOfTheNick Tue 11-Mar-14 09:03:25

Sorry forgot to mention I do a Half Hour walk every day but struggle to do anymore due to a joint issues.

DoodleBugBug Tue 11-Mar-14 09:14:12

Totally depends on how much you weigh. If you google "maintenance calories calculator" you will be able to find out how many calories you need to eat to lose or maintain. The guide that woman need to eat 2000 calories a day is rubbish. So if you are quite small 1350 calories may not be enough to lose weight. For example I'm 5ft2 and weigh 9 stone. 1400 calories per day is how much my body needs per day to stay at this weight.....for weight loss it's 1200. So check that. That is the least appealing reason you may not be loosing weight.

The more fun reason you may not be losing weight is if you have been so good and have been eating a low fat and low carb diet, is that your metabolism may need a kick up the arse! Try a "cheat meal" (google this also if you want research to back it up, it is very good for your metabolism!). So basically have a non diet meal.....good fats work well for this, so maybe chicken leg and thigh with skin on with some full fat mayo, maybe a small amount if chocolate.....It really can work and I often have a "cheat day" if weight loss slows down.

I'm no expert....but am an experienced dieter, and have to seriously think about my diet to stay at 9 stone, which isn't particularly light for my height, but I can maintain it and am pretty happy with it.

Just some ideas from my experience.
Congrats on the weightloss so far!!

jodilouise Fri 28-Mar-14 16:42:42

I would also look at using scales that provide you with details of muscle mass and fat percentage, quite often weight can remain the same yet progress is being made where there's a decrease in fat and increase in muscle. Your metabolic rate will improve if you are exercising, and by increasing muscle means more calories will be used up. I use scales with my clients that show these readings so that they don't feel disheartened if the scales don't tell them what they're expecting to see. I hope it is going well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now