Talk

Advanced search

looking for mfp friends

(144 Posts)
sarahleanne Sun 16-Feb-14 13:59:14

I am looking for mfp friends smile
I've just discovered the app so I'm using it to lose the last 1.5 stone of baby weight.I'm not totally clued up on the app but I'm trying.
Also doing the jillian michaels 30 day shred, currently on level 2.
I had my 3rd (and final!!) baby in January.
I have also made my DH hide the scales this week because i'm becoming a bit obsessed with weighing myself.

I went upto 14 stone when I was pregnant and currently I am 11 st 7lbs. NEED to get down to 10 stone eventually...wedding to go to in April.

Also, I have no clue how to add people with just usernames, only emails so please someone point me in the right directionOR just ADD ME username is 'Sarahcpt1'

Now off to eat rabbit food...... sad

KatoPotato Sun 16-Feb-14 14:12:58

Katoabes x

DuchessFanny Sun 16-Feb-14 14:28:51

I'll add you ! There's quite a few of us now from MN added at around Christmas/New Year and the support and friendship is brilliant !

sarahleanne Sun 16-Feb-14 14:34:23

Thanks peeps smile

Swifey Sun 16-Feb-14 19:41:16

Hello there, I have just signed up too, can I add you, am feeling very lonely in the weight loss universe!! Although I don't know how to add either. I have one ds who is 22 months and will be ttc from April, so want to lose 1.5 st before then! Help! Xx

sarahleanne Sun 16-Feb-14 20:07:59

You can add me swifey! smile

Swifey Sun 16-Feb-14 21:14:41

I would love to sarahleanne, but cannot see how to!! Anyone, any ideas? ��

DaleyBump Sun 16-Feb-14 21:25:36

Hey smile I'm just starting MFP (again) to lose the baby weight and some friends would totally keep me motivated. Especially since DH just bought 45 Aero bars :S username is DaleyBump smile

sarahleanne Sun 16-Feb-14 23:17:20

Will add you both tomorrow girlies.
I worked out how to do it on my laptop earlier but cannot do it on my phone x

DaleyBump Sun 16-Feb-14 23:48:40

Neither can I, it's so hard to navigate on the app!

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 08:39:16

Hi could I join you too? Just getting started with the app and have a long way to go. Would love some friends on there who would be willing to help keep me going as motivation can be somewhat lacking! Question - anyone know if friends on there can see your weight? Hope not!

Username is same as on here.

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 08:41:51

Err anyone know how to add friends by username??

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 08:49:55

Right, it's on the website not the app under community then find members.

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 08:52:58

Found it! It's on website not app under community and find members.

DuchessFanny Mon 17-Feb-14 10:15:13

I'll add you all, then you can see my friends and add them too, makes it sooo much better having friends on there.

DuchessFanny Mon 17-Feb-14 10:22:52

On the app, go to 'friends' in the main drop down menu, then press the plus button in top right hand corner. Then 'email'. Put in your name (from) then the other persons user name (to) add a message if you wish and press the 'tick' in the right hand corner and you have requested that friend.

Hope that all made sense !!

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 10:24:32

Hi Duchess Fanny - who are you on there? I've just added someone who isn't on here? Maybe it's you?

DuchessFanny Mon 17-Feb-14 10:25:49

It's me ! I just got the notification smile

Schnezzlepezzle Mon 17-Feb-14 10:34:52

Oh good! I joined years ago with good intentions but never really did anything with it. I definitely think that making friends on there will be great for motivation which is exactly what I need! How did you know the people you're friends with on there?

DuchessFanny Mon 17-Feb-14 10:40:36

All mnetters ! ( with a few mums from school )
Like you i've tried before, but i really didn't get anywhere, this time is so different because if i've had a shit day i can have a moan and there is loads of support. We spur each other on and celebrate the losses, it's great. (and i've lost nearly a stone wooohoooo - only 5 more to go !!!!! blush )

PamHalpert Tue 18-Feb-14 08:31:15

Hi all, I've just added those of you who I'm not already friends with on there. My name is ZoeC1990 if anyone else wants to add me smile

KatoPotato Tue 18-Feb-14 09:18:14

Yay! Some new pals! Thanks for the adds, all welcome to view my public diary (I put away impressive quantities of biscuits on fail days - but I'm honest!)

HeyBea Tue 18-Feb-14 14:49:56

Oo add me I'm kchapper smile trying to lose a stone

HeyBea Tue 18-Feb-14 15:11:28

I think I've added all of you through the app mfp username is kchapper

MajesticWhine Wed 19-Feb-14 19:51:07

I absolutely love mfp - I just started it 10 days ago, totally on a whim and have lost a few pounds already. (I'm so damn hungry though). What does it mean to add friends and how does it work? It looks like you can only do it thru facebook or via email?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: