Talk

Advanced search

can someone look at this please!

(2 Posts)
HelloBoys Wed 12-Feb-14 11:03:28

I'd like to lose weight (maybe 7lbs).

Currently approx 9.5 stone and about 5 ft 5. I have an underactive thyroid which I take levothyroxine for (for 7 weeks now) and I think this has made me put on weight.

Typical diet:-

* Toast/muffin for breakfast and experimenting with yoghurt and muesli or porridge.

* Soup and M&S crispbread for lunch or salads with cottage cheese

* dinner which can be anything from liver and bacon casserole with new potatoes and veggies to chicken breasts etc.

* Snacks inbetween - lately been getting into habit of Rich Tea or Oreos for snacks can have 4 a day also crackers with cheese etc. Sometimes have an orange. Also like crisps as snack

drink about 4-5 cups tea a day with skimmed milk.

Any ways I can improve.

I go through stages where I make soup etc.

No exercise right now but looking into it - apart from walking.

ideas? thanks!

Backofburke Wed 12-Feb-14 13:02:19

If your continuing to put on weight whilst taking levo it could be that the dose is too low and you need a higher dose. Weight gain is a symptom of an under active thyroid. Have some bloods done to check the levels. Also cut down on crisps and biscuits, increase protein and you will probably loose some weight. I am still finding my way with weight loss so someone with more knowledge may have a better idea but I do know a bit about levo so would advise you get bloods done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now