Talk

Advanced search

A typical days food diary for you...

(27 Posts)
summerlovingliz Sat 08-Feb-14 18:15:12

Have just started mfp and I'm interested in what others are having in a typical day and what your limit is.. I am 11stone and 5 5 and a size 12/14 and I'd like to lose a stone. Today I had:
2 weetabix and cup of tea for breakkie
Jacket pot with tuna and sweet corn +salad at lunch with water
Beef casserole and veg + choc sponge pudding and custard! All for less than my 1470 limit. Got a cup of low cal hot chic to look forward to.. How about you? not bad so far but I think I'm gonna struggle with not snacking much

oftengrumpy Sat 08-Feb-14 21:00:05

I am aiming for around 1300 calories a day in the week and a bit more at the weekend. A typical weekday is cereal bar for breakfast, cuppa soup for lunch, ready meal for tea around 350 cal, yoghurt, 1 x treat like a kit Kat, 4 cups of tea, low fat hot choc, 2 or 3 pieces of fruit. I'm losing 1/2 to 1 kg a week.

summerlovingliz Sun 09-Feb-14 09:18:50

Thanks for the reply grumpy.. That does not sound like much to eat, are u hungry in the daytime? Anyone else please?

oftengrumpy Sun 09-Feb-14 11:33:06

No I'm not hungry in the day time in the week because I'm so busy I don't get time to think about it. My worst times are when I get in from work and then later once the kids are in bed. How are you getting on?

j200 Sun 09-Feb-14 12:29:20

Hi a good day for me is between 1200-1300 calories, I want to lost the half a stone I have put on in the last few months due to fertility treatment/general binge eating (am a massive chocoholic!)
On a good day I tend to have
BF- one slice hovis granary toast with one poached egg and some cherry tomatoes,
lunch - miso soup sachet with a big salad with either tuna/chicken tikka/prawns with some extra light mayo and maybe some ryvita or a packet of be good to yourself crisps.
Snack- apple/cereal bar/total 0% yoghurt with cinammon and sweetener. Dinner- usually a big bowl of veggies with chicken/salmon/white fish, last night i made rosemary conley thai red chicken curry, tonight probably chilli con carne,
Dessert - mug or two of options hot chocolate and a mini milk ( I adore ice cream and these are yum and only 30 cals).

Have yet to stick to this for a full week as have had quite a few bad days but this is my plan for the week plus some exercise every day. . Hope this helps x

nearlythere22 Sun 09-Feb-14 13:20:19

I usually start the day with a toasted poached egg sandwich, have soup and half a roll for lunch, a banana, soup and the other half of the roll for dinner. I then use the remaining calories for bad snacks such as crisps or chocolate. i also have copious amounts of tea with skimmed milk. I've lost a stone over 3 months - with a few weekend/holiday binges inbetween. Not claiming its a long term healthy eating plan but its worked for me.

Carriemoo Sun 09-Feb-14 20:26:28

Today has been a fairly good day

This morning (about 11am) I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast and 2 fried eggs done in spray - no butter

About 3pm - Pork, 2 roasties, small amount of stuffing, loads of peas carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, homemade apple sauce and gravy

Just now - home made minestrone soup
one banana

I don't know what else i should be eating - does this seem like a lot or is it reasonable?

summerlovingliz Thu 13-Feb-14 21:01:40

Sounds reasonable to me Carrie! It's this time in the evenings that's so hard isn't it.. Just want to sit and eat choccies! Nightmare.. Today j have had porridge, soup and roll +lasagne.. Discovered bags of popcorn in m and s today, 80 cal each!! smile

summerlovingliz Thu 13-Feb-14 21:03:30

P.s thanks all for your replies!

mellowdramatic Thu 13-Feb-14 21:14:43

I've been on 3 big diets in my life where I've lost about a stone and a half each time, but the hunger made me miserable! I'm 10 days into low carbing and my diet is now seriously WIERD!!!

Today I had

B: 5 sticks celery and big chunk cheese (usually I have a veggie omelette but it was a rush job this morning)
L: low carb salad and 1/2 smoked mackerel
D: salmon, swede chips, broccoli

I've just had a snack of celery spread with duck liver pate and I'm enjoying a cup of Bovril which I've never tried before - it's yum!

I would never have eaten oven chips made out of swede, or drunk Bovril instead of my usual wine 3 weeks ago. But it seems to be working and it's not half bad - it's true the hunger isn't there the same which suits me!

Testarossa1 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:19:27

I'm using mdo at the moment and aim for 1300 calories a day.

so today I've had
porridge with semi skimmed milk

wafer thin chicken breast sandwich on 50/50 bread with lettuce and lighter than light mayo. also had cherry tomatoes, cucumber and cheese on my plate. followed by a handful of grapes.

just had a small bowl of fresh pineapple as I was feeling peckish!

tea will be a cooked meal like spag bol or pasta with lots if veg.

Testarossa1 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:20:09

mfp even... not mdo!!

summerlovingliz Fri 14-Feb-14 18:30:54

Have managed it for a wk but blowing it tonight for a 3 course m and s valentines dinner and I can't wait!! grin

Mintrabbitt Sat 15-Feb-14 21:51:25

Right. Today I've had...

Breakfast: 3 oysters (NOT normal)
Lunch: Chicken shawarma (NOT normal)
Dinner: a crab, one slice of bread, a bit of mayo

Snacks: carrot sticks with a teaspoon of peanut butter, a Starbucks skinny latte.

Normally...
B: banana
Lunch: 2 ryvita with some kind of protein, a bag of salad/grapes/cucumber sticks, 20 almonds
Dinner: Some kind of protein with LOTS of veggies

I'm trying to stick to 1200 calories a day, I THINK it's going ok - I've lost 10lbs so far this month. There is a long way to go yet.

I'd really appreciate a second opinion though!

summerlovingliz Sun 16-Feb-14 18:29:48

Your normally menu sounds perfect.. Is so hard to do isn't it? I an just about to work out calories of a pizza express! Been fairly good rest of the day so hopefully not too bad ! L

summerlovingliz Sun 16-Feb-14 18:41:16

759 for a pizza!! Good job I was good earliershock

fedupandfifty Tue 18-Feb-14 21:19:21

Mine is:

Breakfast: nothing.
Lunch: whatever I fancy as long as it's around 600 calories.
Dinner:whatever I fancy as long as it's around 600 cals.
Tea/coffee (about 4 cups with 1 sugar and semi-skimmed milk).

Exercise factored in: about 200.

This works for me in the long term as long as I can offset exercise.

Not healthy, But stickable.

SarahPatricia Tue 18-Feb-14 23:41:39

A great aid is "slim sip"
I've used it and it works wonders! Drink it a bit before a meal and it expands in your stomach so you feel full without eating as much.....you get some pretty bad wind though lol.
That and lots of water helped me get down to 7st 2 (i'm 5ft 2in)
You still need to watch the calories a bit but the hunger goes.

summerlovingliz Wed 19-Feb-14 08:35:45

Thankyou both, might have to try the slim sip.. I started really well for a wk or so and the last few days I have been over.. But have massively cut down on the choc, biscuits, cake etc and do feel much bettersmile

ArrivedAtPanicStation Thu 13-Mar-14 10:13:09

Breakfast - WW bread with almond butter or porridge and a coffee.

Lunch - Normally a brown warbuton thin with light philly or low fat pate.

Snack around 3pm - Grapes, rice cake or a yoghurt (muller light raspberry and choc mmmm)

Dinner - Salmon with lemon, new pots and veggies.

Evening snack - Low cal hot choc and a small bag of sweet and salty popcorn

RDLH Thu 13-Mar-14 19:13:51

breakfast bagel with tuna, yogurt and coffee, lunch 1 tortilla with low fat egg mayo, for dinner chicken breast with stir fry. drinking around 6 glasses of water two coffee's a day. bagel and tortilla are weight watcher the rest is all low fat.

Pinkelephanty Mon 17-Mar-14 10:49:22

I've been using MFP for a long time and really like it. A normal day for me would be:

Bran flakes for breakfast,

Banana mid morning

Homemade soup or poached egg with tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and one slive of wholemeal toast or boiled egg w toast or healthy sandwich for lunch depending on what I've got in.

Tea is any meal under 600 calories and I try to go easy on carbs

Evening snack would be fruit and yogurt, Ryvita and Philadelphia or a little treat.

I aim for 1200 calories a day but normally have a. Little extra due to exercise.

A palm size amount of almonds or Brazils and some dried fruit can be a good snack.

Joey8 Mon 17-Mar-14 17:00:39

My typical day of eating goes...

Breakfast: A bow of cereal with soya milk or skimmed milk (such as bran flakes, weetabix, porridge or shreddies) Normally have a big bowl! Or sometimes two!

Lunch: Banana, yogurt, sandwhich

A low cal snack when it gets to late afternoon such as fruit, cereal bar etc

Dinner: veg + fish (I have some sort of protein and veg...I try to limit carbs in evening so I try not to have rice / pasta/ potato with any evening meal...and if i do then its a very small amount!)

I try to restrict my calories according to how much exercise im doing...so if i have done nothing all day then I limit calories to 1,300. If im going swimming or going to dance class I move it to 1,500

I've lost over 4 stone so far :-) ...well thats over a period of a few years haha but still! Its stayed off!

But my tip is to not starve yourself and to keep your metabolism in check. And to eat a good breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner - limiting carbs as you go through the day.

Makes sense really - why eat a massive meal just before you go to bed? What is your body going to do with all that energy? The way I see it your body needs the energy most during the day - especially at the start! Which is why I see breakfast as so important.

Also...I try not to eat anything after 6...if need must 7 at the very latest!

Varya Mon 17-Mar-14 17:05:10

Small bowl of Muesli for breakfast plus coffee. Small handful mixed nuts and two pieces of fruit mid-day, leaves me a good calorie margin for an evening meal around 500 calories. Gave up chocolate for Lent.
5ft 4 and 10 stone.

Schmoozer Tue 18-Mar-14 10:32:45

OP you are same height, weight and clothes size as me, as eagerly watching this thread as i am desperate to lose some weight,
How old are u, im 43
Im on myfitness pal, but patchy with it, really need to be consistent, if i log everything and stick to the calorie limit, i lose weight without fail !
Just sticking to it, is the hurdle !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now