Talk

Advanced search

Filling low carb fat free soup. Your recipes please?

(6 Posts)
PeaceLoveAndCandy Sun 19-Jan-14 14:36:34

I need to lose 1st. I don't overeat but I detest preparing food so when I feel hungry I usually ignore it until I'm ravenous, at which point I reach for the biscuits and eat all of them. I'm going to start dieting tomorrow and I would like to prepare a big batch of soup that I can just reheat in the microwave when I feel hungry. I'd really appreciate some recipes. Thanks.

JenBehavingBadly Sun 19-Jan-14 16:49:14

I low carb but don't do fat free at the same time as unless it's totally cooked from scratch, low fat food is full of sugar, so it defeats the low carb - check out the sugar levels in normal and low fat yoghurt for a good example.

Rather than soups, I get bags of crunch salad, quorn or chicken pieces and nandos peri peri sauces (Norte, the sauce not the marinade as the latter is full of sugar). It takes less than a min to out salad, quorn/meat in a bowl and add the sauce. Yum!

I don't make my own soups as I'm too lazy. Asda's chicken and sweet corn, carrot and coriander and Thai red chicken are v good.

JenBehavingBadly Sun 19-Jan-14 16:50:26

I see that autocorrect was on form there. I really need to proof before post!!

MrsPnut Sun 19-Jan-14 16:50:48

There are loads of recipes on here

MelanieCheeks Tue 04-Feb-14 13:42:13

Calories can only come from fat, carbs or protein. If you're going low fat AND low carb (why exactly?) that leaves you protein. So you need a chicken soup, fish bouillabaise, or beef consomme.

Ease off on the low carb restriction, and you can have lentil soup or any amount of veg soups.

To keep the fats low - minimse the oil you saute any veg in first (you can easily soften things in just water), and watch out for added cream or cheese.

Pinkelephanty Mon 17-Mar-14 11:59:53

There is a great mint and pea soup on bbc good food that I often make. There's no oil so low in fat. It just uses stock, garlic, spring onion, small potato, peas, mint, lemon juice, pinch of sugar and soured cream (I left it out this week as I didn't have any and it's fine without.) low cal and very yummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now