Talk

Advanced search

Hairy Bikers diet club.

(36 Posts)
moocowmrs Wed 01-Jan-14 20:11:47

I need help to slim, i have the book and wondered if anyone had joined and wjat they thought so far.

moocowmrs Thu 02-Jan-14 12:23:46

Bump x

moocowmrs Thu 02-Jan-14 12:24:15

Bump x

moocowmrs Thu 02-Jan-14 12:24:37

Sorry double post x

gaggiagirl Thu 02-Jan-14 12:27:03

I really like their recipes.

gaggiagirl Thu 02-Jan-14 12:27:13

I really like their recipes.

gaggiagirl Thu 02-Jan-14 12:28:17

Fucking phone!

moocowmrs Thu 02-Jan-14 13:03:34

I do too and so does dh which is useful, but not sure how much extra you get for joining.

givemeaclue Fri 03-Jan-14 12:42:34

I have got the book, what do you recommend is good to cook from it?

GummiBear74 Fri 03-Jan-14 12:46:47

Do you have the first (white) book or the second (yellow) one? I've been using the white one for ages, but haven't cooked anything from the yellow one yet.

I would recommend the prawn curry from the 'fakeaways' section and the Spanish style chicken and vegetable thing. Both really easy, both a massive hit with DH. Everything I've tried from the book has been really nice, though!

givemeaclue Fri 03-Jan-14 13:29:41

Yes the white one, will look up those two suggestions thanks

cupcake78 Fri 03-Jan-14 16:44:52

I've ordered the books to help make life more interesting but the slimming club is a lot of money!

moocowmrs Fri 03-Jan-14 20:24:11

Just the white her, we like the Curries and the Tangle Pie, will look at getting the yellow book, yes the club is,slot of money will have a think, hopefully someone might come along who has joined and give us the goss and to what you actually get x

givemeaclue Fri 03-Jan-14 21:16:34

Are the curries good for after work or are they a faff?

moocowmrs Fri 03-Jan-14 22:32:09

No nota faff all reciepes are quite straight forward, the taco chilli bowl is very yummy.x

SandyChick Sat 04-Jan-14 18:06:43

We've just had the chicken jalfrezi from the white book. It was very tasty. It's the 2nd time we've had it. I put extra peppers in to make it go a bit further.

I have the yellow book too but haven't has a chance to make anything from it yet. I like them because they have recipes that we can sit down to as a family (toddler that eats everything & fussy 6 year old). I've just started calorie counting as I have 3 stone confused to lose. I'm the biggest I've ever been by a stone. Getting on the scales was the kick up the arse I needed.

I'm just doing my menu plan for the week so I can go shopping tomorrow. My biggest downfall is not having time to make anything so eating rubbish. I'm going to double up on the recipes and freeze in batches.

On the menu for next week is fish cakes, sausage & mash and chicken chow mein from yellow book and Italian meatballs from white book.

wink

VoldemortsNipple Sat 04-Jan-14 22:12:58

Have you tried the My Fitness Pal app? I think you're better off using that alongside the hairy dieters books. Apart from the weekly tutorials, it probably covers all the tools you would be paying for, and its free. Most of the recipes are already on the database spots easy to record what you've eaten.

moocowmrs Sun 05-Jan-14 08:16:24

Think you are right Voldermort, i used my fittness pal this time last year and did well, but put it all back on, will sit down with books and menu,plan and,give it a go for a month.

SandyChick Sun 05-Jan-14 10:07:56

I'm using my fitness pall too. Sticking to 1500 cals per day and exercising. Find it hard to exercise as I always have at least the toddler with me so have been doing half hour cardio on wii fit every other day.

I love to swim but don't have anyone to look after toddler.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Sun 05-Jan-14 10:26:08

I've been using both books for a while now, and my DH and I have both lost weight, I had lost a stone but put 4lbs back on after illness/Xmas blush. The only complaint is that we have eaten most of the recipes lots of times, but I'm guessing there won't be a new book for a while yet.

moocowmrs Sun 05-Jan-14 11:36:46

No prob not they will want people to sign up to the club i suppose so will five new stuff that way.

SandyChick Sun 05-Jan-14 15:10:25

We're having Sausages in rich onion gravy with colcannon tonight for tea. 400 cals plus lots of extra veg.

Finding MFP great as all the hairy bikers recipes I've used so far are all in there smile

moocowmrs Sun 05-Jan-14 18:21:43

Oh are they sandy thats interesting, right off to meal Plan the week and order the new yellow book x

ViviPru Mon 06-Jan-14 11:13:51

I LOVE the spicy vegetable and bean casserole from the white book - I make it all the time. Definitely worth a go.

moocowmrs Mon 06-Jan-14 19:14:40

Ohh that sounds nice, i made the chilli bowls for dinner tonight very yummy x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: