Talk

Advanced search

Mug cake joy

(16 Posts)
LilQuim Sun 17-Feb-19 18:49:32

I sometimes every day it seems fancy something sweet, but don't have anything in. Then I discovered microwave mug cakes! cakecakecake

I've just had a chocolate one with a blob of peanut butter in the middle.

Anyone else, or am I banned from this MN board?

BackforGood Sun 17-Feb-19 23:22:54

Do you make your own, or do you mean a sort of pre-made 'kit' ?

northernlites Sun 17-Feb-19 23:35:52

Intrigued?

SpoonBlender Sun 17-Feb-19 23:46:12

Simple and reliable.
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2405644/microwave-mug-cake

Tolleshunt Sun 17-Feb-19 23:54:13

OMG!! How have I not known about these? And no need for scales, which always puts a huge amount of time into making anything, having to be dragged out of the cupboard and all. Genius!!

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 08:16:40

Sorry! I just googled recipes. They are so easy! Just need flour, cocoa powder, sugar, veg oil, milk & eggs (loads are egg free).

Love this one https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-chocolate-mug-cake/

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 08:17:52

@Tolleshunt exactly!!! Tbh I thought everyone was going to flame me! But they are genius & perfect if you crave something. And soooooooooo quick! All store cupboard stuff.

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 08:19:12

@BackforGood I just googled recipes - all ingredients from cupboard.

@northernlites they are genius! So many recipes.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-chocolate-mug-cake/

chillimartini Mon 18-Feb-19 08:21:30

@LilQuim thank you for this!!! I will be indulging tonight! I may even buy some custard on the way home for a real treat!! X

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 08:27:05

@chillimartini if you have Nutella / peanut butter, put a plop in the middle. Omg I'm salivating! Enjoy!!!

Oh, you might struggle to get custard in the mug... I eat mine straight out of the mug! Lol.

vinegarqueen Mon 18-Feb-19 08:27:45

YES: to the ones you make yourself. HELL NO: to the kind you mix up from a packet. DSis told me to buy some and I still have two of the manky things cluttering my kitchen...

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 09:09:03

@vinegarqueen throw that shit out! We will not accept substandard mug cakes!!! cake

vinegarqueen Mon 18-Feb-19 09:14:55

@Lilquim Challenge accepted. As Prue would say, they are not worth the calories. Whereas a nice homemade one is lush.

Tolleshunt Mon 18-Feb-19 09:30:26

I'm trying your recipe LilQuim. I always feel unjustified making a whole cake when I'm the only one in the house that eats it, so unless I have someone coming over - and have time to make a big cake - I don't make them. Making a single portion, and only having to use spoons and cups, is a real winner!

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 09:36:01

@vinegarqueen wise words!!

LilQuim Mon 18-Feb-19 09:37:13

@Tolleshunt ooooooh let me know how you like it! It's perfect for when you're the only one who eats cake. I'm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: