Talk

Advanced search

Advice on making a fruit crumble?

(4 Posts)
junglebookisthebest Fri 28-Apr-17 10:50:49

Hi, I need to make a dessert for 10-12 people that needs to be made a day before and then transported next morning for a few hours. Decided that a fruit crumble is probably my best bet and have a recipe that looks suitable.
Question is should I make and prebake it the day before? The recipe says 30 mins or till nice and golden on the top - should I do the full time and to the right colour and then just reheat to piping hot when we get to destination. (Or do I underbake it because it will then 'finish' when I reheat it?) Or should I leave it in its raw state and then pop it in to bake completely at the destination?
Thankyou for any advice - want to impress the in laws even with such a 'simple' dessert!!!

Okite Fri 28-Apr-17 10:53:56

With eg an apple crumble, I'd do any of those. Another option for you is to freeze it when made (raw) then take it out to transport to the final destination and bake there. If you wanted to make it earlier than the day before, you then could.
A crumble is very hard to get wrong, so do whatever works best for you, it'll be completely fine.

fessmess Fri 28-Apr-17 10:55:44

I think a crumble is best cold with cream. Another option for you!

junglebookisthebest Fri 28-Apr-17 20:10:26

Thanks will bake it ahead then and see how it turns out.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now