Talk

Advanced search

These arrived in the post today, wonder if they were worth the £3.50 they cost me?

(12 Posts)
MaureenMLove Thu 09-Feb-17 23:32:02

https://youtu.be/iEGRGRfi0Dw

(Hope that link works!)

I'd have made some butter icing to try them out tonight, but I didn't have any! Typical!

Has anyone bought any yet?

TheOnlyWayIsMN Fri 10-Feb-17 13:54:17

Look pretty! I'm not good with decorating (piping or rolled out) so don't try anything complicated grin

RNBrie Fri 10-Feb-17 19:00:24

I haven't got these and had never heard of them before. But I've just lost HOURS to YouTube watching tutorials!

ApplesinmyPocket Fri 10-Feb-17 19:17:26

Wow that looks amazing. I love baking, but my piping skills are complete rubbish grin - I'm very tempted to buy these and have a go!

bellabelly Fri 10-Feb-17 19:24:27

Those are sooooo pretty! Perfect for valentines day...

MaureenMLove Fri 10-Feb-17 19:25:04

Lol! I have the one with the bulbus end on it too!hmmgrin. Watch this space, it's half term and will be turning my kitchen into cup cake heaven over the weekend.

I will be sure to report back with my findings!

MaureenMLove Sat 11-Feb-17 14:03:41

Hmm, work in progress I think! Not bad. Think the icing was a bit too soft and had limited colours.

MaureenMLove Sat 11-Feb-17 14:52:28

Had enough now!

ApplesinmyPocket Sat 11-Feb-17 15:20:13

They are very pretty, Maureen, so I'd say that's a win.

I've ordered some too - never heard of them till your post so thanks flowers - but mine are coming from somewhere very far away I think, so I might be a while posting my pics! (assume it's that anyway and not that mine turned out too crap for a photoshoot, which is not actually beyond possible.)

MaureenMLove Sat 11-Feb-17 16:05:58

Jolly good! Mine took almost 2 weeks, so do not despair, I'm sure they're the right ones.

RNBrie Sun 12-Feb-17 06:57:02

One of the million YouTube videos I watched said the icing has to be cold to get decent definition, but that also makes it quite hard to pipe?

And which tip did you use for the leaves between the flowers Op??

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Feb-17 08:20:54

I have very, very old nozzles! They were my nans and she was 93 when she died 10 years ago, so I don't know if the numbers are the same as these days. It was like a Wilton no.69. It doesn't show in the pictures very well, but they're not right. They didn't finish on a point. It was more of an intended point iyswim!

I know nothing about fine icing with nozzles tbh! I'm a fancy fondant icer usually, but I'm going to expand my knowledge this year.

I actually bought the nozzles as a Christmas present for this year, for my niece, but the temptation to use them was too great! I figured I could buy more, since it's only February!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now