Talk

Advanced search

Fab but easy bakes

(9 Posts)
summerholsdreamin Thu 02-Feb-17 16:29:38

So we have our new ver ver posh neighbours coming for coffee Sunday morning.

What easy peasy (yet fantastically impressive) treats can I bake to go with coffee?

abeandhalo Thu 02-Feb-17 16:31:13

The Quick and Easy Brownies recipe on allrecipes.co.uk is my go to easy bake, and they are spot on every time!

MrsAHotch Thu 02-Feb-17 17:26:45

The Mary Berry chocolate feather cake on the BBC recipes site is always a hit. Looks pretty and tastes lovely - I do replace the apricot jam with strawberry though.

ChickyDuck Thu 02-Feb-17 17:35:45

Biscotti are super impressive but very forgiving to bake I've found. I use this recipe (the posset is delicious too) but there are loads online. If you don't like fennel you can add any other flavourings like citrus zest or vanilla extract or cocolate chips that you fancy.

summerholsdreamin Thu 02-Feb-17 17:42:42

Ooh thank you, they all sound very do-able

af2000 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:08:48

Nigella's lemon syrup loaf cake, an absolute winner. I always get lots of compliments when I make it and she is very much a 'chick it all in the mixer' kind of cool, which suits me

missmoffatt2705 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:32:13

check out BBCgoodfood.com for marble brownies - either use white and dark chocolate or dark chocolate and cheesecake mixture.

Lucked Sun 05-Feb-17 16:35:31

Fay Ripley bakewell cake, I can't bake and this is always perfect with so little effort.

Lucked Sun 05-Feb-17 16:36:48

Just realised the coffee morning was this mornings - sorry my reply was too late.

Hope it went well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now