Talk

Advanced search

Banana

(11 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Sat 14-Jan-17 11:38:11

Hit me with your favourite banana recipes pretty please. Both DH and I bought bananas this week and the dc and refusing to eat them

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 14-Jan-17 11:41:19

we make thick (american stule) banana pancakes a lot with those over ripe bananas that are past their best.
basically 1 banana (mashed) 1 egg 1 cup sslf raising flour, splash of milk if needed.
cook on medium heat.
freeze well for emergency breakfast/lunchbox.

SweetPeaPods Sat 14-Jan-17 11:43:38

Oh they sound worth a try thanks.

milkmoustache Thu 26-Jan-17 10:44:50

Banana split! Add scoop of vanilla, whatever ice cream sauce they like best. Sprinkle of nuts if they enjoy them. Thick banana milkshake, again, some vanilla ice cream and a bit of honey.
And if you get desperate, peel and freeze the bananas ready to make banana bread when you get the urge.

4merlyknownasSHD Fri 27-Jan-17 09:12:10

Banana Tarte Tatin, which is almost a banoffee pie. Or Banana Custard.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Fri 27-Jan-17 09:13:43

Banana ice cream, peel chop and freeze, then whiz in a food processor till it's the consistency of ice cream. Honestly tastes just like the real thing and much healthier.

Chinnygirl Fri 27-Jan-17 09:43:39

I like pieces of overripe banana through my morning oatmeel porridge. Makes it really sweet.

I also love banana pancakes and banana bread

RatOnnaStick Fri 27-Jan-17 09:49:33

Banana loaf with chocolate chips mixed in. Best eaten still warm and falling apart.

PhoenixJasmine Fri 27-Jan-17 09:51:32

Banana pancakes, I make them with oat flour (just whizz up oats in the food processor first), some clever stuff for consistency (bicarb, xanthan gum - lots of recipes online) almond milk, cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Maple syrup and berries on top. Doesn't taste like bananas much at all.

Keep meaning to try banana 'nice' cream. Does it really not taste banana-y, even if you just do a vanilla version?

PhoenixJasmine Fri 27-Jan-17 09:53:19

I think banana-choc chip muffins would be awesome. Perhaps with some walnuts in as well. Topped with chocolate icing and a banana chip.

I feel a baking sesh coming on grin

SpongebobRoundPants Fri 27-Jan-17 10:01:16

Banana oat cookies!

Mash 3 Bananas
mix with 2/3 cups of oats and 2 eggs
add either a handful of raisins or chic chips
Roll into balls and flatten onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now