Talk

Advanced search

Can I cook 2 Christmas cakes at the same time?

(3 Posts)
dontmesswithmytutu Tue 01-Nov-16 11:42:58

I've made 2 of Delia's Christmas cakes smile Can I cook them at the same time? If so, do I need to extend the cooking time massively or would it best to cook individually? Thank you wise baking mumsnetters

4merlyknownasSHD Tue 01-Nov-16 15:27:39

You can certainly cook them at the same time. You may need to cook for longer but if it was me I would open the oven at about 3/4 of the cooking time and turn them round 180 degrees (incase your oven temperatures are not even across the oven, then at the normal time, test the cakes with a skewer. You may need to extend the cooking time then, but will be able to gauge it from there. Fruit cakes like that will not sink like a Victoria Sponge would if you open the oven door too soon.

dontmesswithmytutu Tue 01-Nov-16 19:36:54

thank you 4merly. I ended up doing them separately (sending my gas meter sky high no doubt) but I always make two (not both for me!) so will make a note of that for next year. I would definitely need to turn them as you suggest as the temperature in the oven isn't even. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now