Talk

Advanced search

Number 2 shape cake

(6 Posts)
Wiggleyfingers Mon 24-Oct-16 08:56:01

Hi all,
I'm making a birthday cake in the shape of a 2 and need some advice! Is Madeira the best kind of cake for this? It's a silicone case so I'm quite nervous! Also, do you think normal quantities or will I need to double the recipe to fill it? I've attacked a photo for size. Shall I do two separate bakes to get the layers or cut one bake in half?
Any other useful tips?
Thanks.

eurochick Mon 24-Oct-16 08:57:56

<childish snigger>

LadyPenelope68 Mon 24-Oct-16 08:59:50

I'd do 2 cakes for the layers as I think it'll break up when you try and cut it.

Allalonenow Mon 24-Oct-16 09:20:19

For the quantity of cake mixture you will need, take a cake tin that you have used before and know how much mixture it requires. Fill with water up to the level you normally fill with mixture, tip the water into a measuring jug and note the quantity.
Now tip that amount into the new cake mould, adding more water if required and then measure that amount. With the two measurements you will be able to work out how much mixture you need, eg twice as much, one and a half times as much.

MaryBerrysSoggyBottBott Mon 24-Oct-16 09:34:32

An 8" mixture will fill this, it's quite shallow so probably two layers, depending how deep you want it.

Wiggleyfingers Mon 24-Oct-16 09:34:37

Why didn't I proof read my title?! blush whooops! Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now