Talk

Advanced search

Ruined my chocolate brownies :-(

(6 Posts)
jollyfrenchy Fri 26-Feb-16 21:58:21

:-( It's my birthday tomorrow and since no-one in the house can bake, I decided to make some of my favourite chocolate brownies, using the recipe I have used several times before.

I doubled the quantity as usually we get through them super-fast, and either I did the doubling wrong, or I overcooked it because it was a bigger quantity but it is really bitter tasting and also crumbly rather than squidgy like it usually is. I'm really cross as they are my absolute favourite. Now really want to start again and make more but also hate the waste of ingredients as I used a load of butter, cocoa etc in these. Is there anything I can do with these so as to not throw them away?

I was wondering about crumbling it up and putting it into chocolate fridge cake? Or into normal sponge mix as weird chocolate chip type bits?

Any suggestions?

msrisotto Fri 26-Feb-16 22:00:35

It's my birthday tomorrow too! Happy Birthday buddy smile

I've screwed up brownies before and they rocked with ice cream.

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 26-Feb-16 22:00:44

How about icing on top or icing sugar?
Or make some syrup with water honey and sugar and put it all over?

Nicknamegrief Fri 26-Feb-16 22:00:56

Use it as a base for a cheesecake.....
I am sure i've used a disaster in that way before (didn't add butter though- just turned into crumbs and compressed, popped in fridge etc).
It is annoying.

jollyfrenchy Fri 26-Feb-16 23:01:22

I've given into the desire to eat the yummy ones tomorrow and made another batch (I now have no cocoa or butter left in the house...)

They probably would be ok with icecream or icing, they are not disgusting, just like eating really really high percentage dark chocolate (a bit too dark for me). I've never made cheesecake, not sure that a ruined batch of brownies are the best place to start?! When I stop being cross with them, I might try some icing or something.

Happy birthday too msrisotto :-D

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 26-Feb-16 23:16:25

Happy birthday!!!!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now