Talk

Advanced search

Cheap but tasty bakes for the School Fair.

(4 Posts)
TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sun 07-Jun-15 20:40:51

Any ideas for inexpensive but interesting bakes for a School Fair? Not cornflake cakes ...! I have made stuff like Rocky Road before but it is actually quite expensive and then a bit disheartening if it is sold too cheaply.

FannyFanakapan Sun 07-Jun-15 20:47:11

I buy the cheap, un-iced cup cakes from sainsburys (about a quid) and turn them into yummy butterfly cakes. Cut a funnel shape into the top, put a spoon of jam into the hole then a good dollop of buttercream icing. Cut the funnel shape in half, reposition on top. Dust the whole lot with some icing sugar...jobs a goodun.

or even quicker - un-iced cakes, plus icing plus giant smartie or similar decoration. 5 minutes and job done!

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sun 07-Jun-15 20:52:13

I really don't mind making them, I just want to find the balance between cost and re-sale price, and to make something interesting.

FruitOwl Sun 07-Jun-15 20:59:27

I usually do flapjacks for bake sales, cheap and easy to make, and you can make them more interesting by adding fruit, nuts, chocolate chips etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now