Talk

Advanced search

No bake Cheesecake recipes

(9 Posts)
TickledOnion Mon 18-May-15 12:49:14

I want to make a no-bake cheesecake without using gelatine. The last time I tried it never really set. Does anyone have a good recipe that will set enough that I can keep it out of the fridge for a few hours?
Also, any flvour ideas? Not chocolate or lemon please.
TIA

GreasyCoat Mon 18-May-15 13:01:30

This one is lovely:
www.nigella.com/recipes/view/cherry-cheesecake-34

It didn't collapse after a 3 hour car journey either so should be fine out of the fridge for a while.

kickassangel Mon 18-May-15 13:28:29

I sometimes use Philadelphia cream cheese (other cheese are available) and Ready Whip/ Dream Topping type stuff. Mix them up, 50/50, or until you like the taste. You can add a flavor, or top with fresh fruit.

plannedshock Sat 20-Jun-15 19:24:13

Do you like white chocolate? I have the most amazing recipe!

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 20-Jun-15 19:38:42

I did a lovely one once, just a mix of mascarpone, full fat fromage frais and icing sugar. You piled half it onto the set biscuit base then a layer of sliced kiwi fruit, then the other half and more kiwi. Pop in the fridge to set, tasted delicious and super easy.

agoodbook Sat 20-Jun-15 19:40:15

planned - don't know about OP , but I would like the recipe please smile

plannedshock Sat 20-Jun-15 20:22:59

Not responsible for weight gained
200g digestive biscuits
50g butter
400g White choc
200g cream cheese
250g mascarpone
284ml double cream

Melt butter, crush biscuits, add butter, press into tin and chill
Melt choc in Bain Marie
Mix together the cheeses in separate bowl
Add melted White choc but by bit, (I usually wait a minute or two so choc isn't straight from the heat)
Add cream bit by bit mixing well
Pour over biscuit-chill!

Makes quite a large cheesecake and is quite rich so will serve loads! Is also nice with strawberry jam on the base before mixture.
The good thing is if you go to tescos their mascarpone is in the right quantity so is Philadelphia and elmlea cream so not too much messy weighing!
Everyone who's eaten this loves it!!

agoodbook Sat 20-Jun-15 21:01:46

Thank You!

BunletMum Sat 20-Jun-15 21:10:06

Toblerone cheesecake.... it's so yummy, quite rich though you couldnt eat it solo I tried once
super simple too and I can make it without a mixer or any electric appliances, whipping the cream can take it's time though.

Toblerone Cheesecake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now