Talk

Advanced search

cake tins help please

(3 Posts)
coffeeandchoc Wed 21-Jan-15 19:59:17

I'm making my sister's wedding cake (in may) and she wants a rainbow cake. In order to make it easier for me, and reduce the amount of baking time I want to use disposable cake tins/foil trays. I need 3 x 6 inch, 3 x 9 inch and 3 x 12 inch circular ones. I can find 6 inch ones but then I'm struggling with the other sizes. Any ideas where I would be able to find these from?

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 22-Jan-15 16:20:12

Disposable cake tins/pans/trays will not necessarily be quicker for baking Furthermore they are not loose based and you may possibly wind up with slightly mangled looking cakes as the sides are usually creased (they are formed from a flat disc). Even under the icing you wouldn't want that with your sister's wedding cake. It will cost more to buy proper pans but, hopefully your sister is only getting married once.

LizzieMint Wed 28-Jan-15 11:54:56

You can also usually hire cake tins from cake decorating stores, my local one hires them out for £3 a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: