Talk

Advanced search

A simple strictly cake

(4 Posts)
Donthackmenow Sat 20-Dec-14 09:25:47

My dd is having a strictly party so I would like to try and theme the cake. Previously we have paid someone to make the cake but this year the entertainment is quite pricey so have decided to try and do it myself hmm.
I am thinking I could probably manage a scoreboard with her age on but feel it may lack the wow factor! Any suggestions for jazzing it up? I wanted to make cake pop glitter balls but everybody I have spoke to said that cake pops are really tricky.
Things are complicated by the fact that there is a coeliac coming to the party so I would like to try and make it gluten free if possible. Does anyone have a fail safe gluten free cake recipe? Thanks smile

Squeakyheart Sat 20-Dec-14 09:35:37

Maltesers on cocktail stick painted with confectioners glaze then sprinkled with glitter. Icing "swags" are easy and look great.
Pictures of the judges printed out and put on sticks and stuck in.
You can get cutters in the shape of 'ballroom' shoes.
Print a silhouette of dancers then transfer the pattern to the cake by pricking the outline with a pin then pipe icing to cover or cut round on coloured fondant then carefully transfer to the cake. Have included photo of cakes with swags and Malteser balls,

Donthackmenow Mon 22-Dec-14 05:03:31

Thank u, I love the malteasers idea!

Squeakyheart Mon 22-Dec-14 07:26:14

Great, hope to see a picture when it's done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now