Talk

Advanced search

Christmas showstopper!

(3 Posts)
RozTheSchnoz Thu 11-Dec-14 18:41:03

Hi-I'm looking for some inspiration! Doing a bake-off competition at work and this week's theme is Christmas showstoppers. I'm looking for ideas for something that is quite easy to make but will wow the judges (mainly teenagers!) I did plan to make a Malteser Christmas pudding cake but the round mould I ordered from eBay arrived today and is ridiculously tiny! Any other ideas gratefully received.
TIA thanks

bilbodog Fri 12-Dec-14 10:58:39

how about making a gingerbread house? I used to make these for the school fair when the kids were younger. You can decorate them either simply with white icing or go mad and cover them with sweets - depends on whether you go for the modern minimalist look or over the top traditional. If you google images there are lots of pictures on line to give you ideas.

RozTheSchnoz Fri 12-Dec-14 20:01:31

Thank you. I had considered a gingerbread house because they do look amazing, although a little daunting to put together. Will try to find an 'easy' recipe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now