Talk

Advanced search

come and rescue this pudding!!

(5 Posts)
maggiethecat Tue 09-Dec-14 21:22:25

I have had it with steaming this pudding - decided to use leftover cake mixture to steam a pudding. Put it in a 1 L pyrex dish and after 7 hours the damn thing is still soft (no obvious signs that water is seeping in and it may be that the water bath level is not high enough).

Anyway, will not continue the steaming route. Question is, can I put the pyrex dish in the oven and finish the cooking process?
I steamed it yesterday and so it's been out for 24 hours (sort of 3/4 way cooked).
Do you think this might work? any other suggestion?

MrsCosmopilite Tue 09-Dec-14 21:33:47

I know you can bake puddings in pyrex dishes in the oven, but you may need it on a low-ish temperature.
No idea why it's not cooking though, sorry!

CatsClaus Tue 09-Dec-14 21:36:41

give it two minutes in the microwave

douse it in custard and eat.

TheWhispersOfTheGods Tue 09-Dec-14 21:38:10

Microwave on low power covered in cling film, you can make 'steamed' puddings that way, i often do. A cake-mix based pudding (usually with additional golden syrup so a bit wetter) takes about 10 minutes on 30%, so you'd probably need about 3 mins.

maggiethecat Tue 09-Dec-14 21:48:05

you must be joking!!! after 7 hours on the hob, you mean this pudding can be cooked in 10 mins. this is enough to send me to bexley!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now