Talk

Advanced search

Homemade cupcakes...

(7 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Mon 08-Dec-14 13:04:39

Through no fault of my own I have been given the task of doing 50 cupcakes for the school Christmas party... 'Homemade and christmassy'

I am not a natural baker. It's not really a gift of mine and every time DD wants to make cakes we buy a Tom and Jerry box mix where all you do is add an egg...

Do you have a fool proof cupcake recipe you could share with me, and could you possibly also tell me how to ice them and make them look Christmassy?!!

(I'm having a bit of a panic now I have to be honest!)

JimmyCorkhill Mon 08-Dec-14 16:15:15

I always use Mary Berry's cupcake recipe. Just ignore the icing part on the recipe I've linked to, but the cake recipe matches the one in my cookbook.

This looks doable.

JimmyCorkhill Mon 08-Dec-14 16:17:24

Or this one.

Fillybuster Mon 08-Dec-14 16:17:36

I am a natural baker but in your position I would think about buying a couple of boxes of the tesco value plain cupcakes (I think there's about 20 in a box and they're probably cheaper than making from scratch) and having lots of fun decorating them with my dcs.

mausmaus Mon 08-Dec-14 16:18:57

- get the smallest cup cake cases you can
- ordinary icing and gold/silver sprinkles
the 'weigh the egg' method is great

Pippidoeswhatshewants Mon 08-Dec-14 16:21:45

Easy recipe for mince pie cupcakes www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2795/little-mince-pie-cakes

Make in Christmassy cases, dust with snow icing sugar, done.

Tinkerball Mon 08-Dec-14 21:45:52

Ive just put my picture on another thread here, these are dead easy to do. Colour butter-cream blue and cover in snowflake sprinkles (got them in Morrisons) , some are also covered in fondant snowflakes I made using a snowflake cutter. I piped the icing on using a disposable piping bag and icing tip. Then covered in sparkly icing sugar from Asda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now