Talk

Advanced search

Wedding cake

(3 Posts)
Nads0622 Thu 13-Nov-14 23:33:59

I'm in a panic about a wedding cake I'm doing in December, it will be my first wedding cake. I'm doing a stacked 3 tier cake 10/8/6 . Would you assemble at home and take to venue or assemble at the venue ?

storynanny2 Thu 13-Nov-14 23:47:13

I practiced at home then took it to the venue separately. I put the supports in the icing at home and just stacked them with polystyrene circles in between. I pushed flowers into the polystyrene, covered a multitude of icing mistakes! I am very amateur though.

LizzieMint Mon 17-Nov-14 10:34:13

Depends on the decoration. I've done both. As long as you are confident with your stacking and dowelling and are sure it's very secure, I'd probably do it in one piece. (if you haven't stacked and dowelled before, I'd practise!)
Most issues are going to arise from either the cakes not being level, the dowelling being insufficient or not level or the cakes not being secured together. So get all those right and you'd be surprised how sturdy they can be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now